PDA

View Full Version : what next

ifoundnemo
09/22/2006, 12:06 PM
ok i have a 90 with 2 damsels and a clean up crew...its time to start adding more fish here is my list of what i want

2 clowns
1 firefish
1 tang (not sure what kind yet)
1 diamond goby

i am thinking about a trigger but i have herd bad things about them eating things in the tank

thats all i can think of for now...any other sugestions
also what order should i add the fish?
all i have for lighting is florsents for now...i am thinking about going to T5's later down the road...but can i get clowns without
a anomie (spelling)

drummereef
09/22/2006, 12:14 PM
First things first, take the damsels back to the lfs. :lol: Seriously though, they might be aggresive towards the new tank mates. The clowns, firefish, and goby are cool. If you really want a tang in there I'd go with a yellow (Zebrasoma flavescens). Tangs generally grow really big, so selection is key. I'd upgrade the lighting at some point. The fish won't really care, but if you're into keeping corals it's a must. The clowns will be fine with or w/o an anemone. You'll need some loco strong light to keep one anyway. Just take it slow and you'll have successful results.

reefnetworth
09/22/2006, 12:52 PM
i would wait on the tang. they are territorial fish and will fight or aggrevate the crap out of other fish. i do however agree with "damnsel" disposal. they are worse than the tang and once you add rock and corals they are almost impossible to catch. if you want a member of the "damnsel" family that is less annoying, try green chromis. they school and 3 or more are a kikin' addition. for some info on fish compatability try www.liveaquaria.com have a beautiful weekend and REEF-ON!

rodd1rj
09/22/2006, 12:55 PM
you might wanna try adding a few green chromis, they school up nicely and are fairly cheap, $40 for a school of 6 depending where you go. Maybe a dwarf angel at the end will add some nice color.