PDA

View Full Version : PanWorld - the quest for silence

Cale W
09/22/2006, 07:02 PM
Hey all, hope the tanks are going well

I'm in the process of working out the best pump for my closed loop on my new 70g. I want it to be quiet and provide my central flow using a OM-2 way.

Can anyone tell me how quiet these pumps are? Is there a step up in noise from the smaller models to the PanWorld 50PXX?

I need something suitable for a living room?

Thanks

Cale

crumbletop
09/22/2006, 07:35 PM
Ultra Quiet Panworld Mod:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=828812

HTH

dead beat reef
10/01/2006, 02:40 PM
Check out the Dart. Very quiet. Air cool. Lots of flow. I have
the dart run the loop with a SQUID a Remora C skimmer the
bio filter and still gate valve it back a tad. You cant
hear it run. A bit more $. Worth it. dbr

superedge88
10/01/2006, 03:27 PM
The Dart is a very quiet pump, low head, so you would want to make sure that it in a position that would not have a ton of elbows and such between it and the tank. For a closed loop pump I wouldn't go with a Panworld, they are great pumps ( I have the largest Panworld model 100 something) but the Panworld pumps are really better used in higher head pressure applications because they are pressure rated and they in turn do suck a good amount of amperage.

MinibowMatt
10/01/2006, 05:39 PM
velocity T4 absolutely inaudible...

printedpaper
10/01/2006, 06:36 PM
I have a Pan World 50px-x in my family room, its not silent but is not irratating either. I guess you could call it a very mild hum. My stand muffles the noise quite a bit. I have a 40px too that I don't use anymore and that pump is very very quite. I think it might be because there is no cooling fan. No regrets here, I'd buy another.

Jim_S
10/01/2006, 06:58 PM
I would too.

I run the 100px-x and like printedpaper, mine only gives off a very, very mild hum which is muffled greatly by my stand.

Great pumps IMHO. No regrets here.

Jim