PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On Coralife Super Skimmer 220

cham
09/23/2006, 11:50 AM
Good skimmer? A local guy is selling a 220 and I dont know anything about the coralife's. I have a skimmer in my 110 now but want to upgrade to a better skimmer.

saveafish
09/23/2006, 12:35 PM
the skimmer is one of the best investments you can make AquaC, percission marine, Euro Reef and others. the coral life is new and has bugs that need to be worked out and it a low end skimmer if you only have liverock fish only you can get away with a cheap one but when you have inverts you need to step up the performance of the skimmer ..a silly rule of thumb i go by is w/out the pump figure $2 per gallon w/pump figure $3-3.50 per gallon on what to spend on your shimmer and that will help you from getting a cheap skimmer that later you end up replacing wich will end up costing more in the long run i hope this helps

Blazer88
09/23/2006, 12:40 PM
I can't even read that, use periods to break up your sentences.

humbugy
09/23/2006, 10:41 PM
for the money its a descent skimmer however its kinda like you get what you pay for dont really expect miracles out of it i used it on my tanks and it worked fine i just have a need to tinker with things and i built a 5' x 4" snailman counter current skimmer seems to be working great so far i will wait and see how it does with airstones and time

jpfelix
09/23/2006, 10:53 PM
to translate: it's ok, but for a little more you could have an asm etc. that is of better quality.

imo skimmers are one thing that you should not skimp on. why buy two when you could get a good one the first time?

mg426
09/24/2006, 01:02 AM
I had a CSS 220 IMO its mabe a step up from a Seaclown. Like sated for a few more bucks you can get a real skimmer. Matter of fact you can get a RO 150 for less. It will out perform a CSS 220 by light years.

rkelman
09/24/2006, 05:21 AM
I have a CSS 220 It skims very well. I'm not sure what spending more money would do but I get lots of dark stinky skimmate. I happy with mine. I can't imagine spending 400+ on something "better" at this point.