PDA

View Full Version : aquascaping pics [24g Aquapod]

clowninaround74
09/23/2006, 12:01 PM
just getting ready to set up my 24g ap and wanted to get some ideas about what other people did when aquascaping the tank. wondering if ppl could post pics of their aquascapes

thanks

digitaledge
09/23/2006, 01:11 PM
I went for the C Shape insted of rocks just in the center because I wanted to have more space to put corals/clams in the sand

http://www.digedge.net/Fish/skim2.jpg
http://www.digedge.net/Fish/fish2.jpg

Illuminati
09/23/2006, 02:49 PM
Wowza, Digitaledge blows mine out of the water.....

I have basically 2 huge rocks in the back standing vertically with a smaller U shaped rock on the far left and rubble on the far right.

Far from finished but here it is

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/colinadam/tank923004.jpg

WarEagleNR88
09/23/2006, 06:01 PM
Wow digitaledge that is a very tiny clownfish! It must be a month old or something. It's a good looking tank, too! What type of lighting are you using?

digitaledge
09/23/2006, 06:20 PM
No just a bad pic, they move around so fast

icenine2005
09/24/2006, 08:00 AM
Here is mine....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/icenine2006/fulltanksept.jpg

clowninaround74
09/24/2006, 08:15 PM
thanks guys i got everything set up tonight and the rock looks pretty good. I added a pretty good amount of rock just to help out with filtration, but it looks really good im happy how it turned out, the rock i got has alot of coraline, and looks pretty cool. i hope the cycle goes pretty quick cause i want to transfer my 10g into the pod.

thanks for the pics

DeepCutta720
09/27/2006, 09:20 AM
How do you guys keep these Aquapod nano tanks so free of algae? I have a 20 gallon long with two hang on the back filters[AquaClear 200] and 30 lbs of tonga rock. Each week I have to scrub small amounts of hair algae off of the rocks. I run charcoal & SeaChem Phosphate remover 24/7. I do a 5g RO/DI water change each week and use a 1/4" sand bed. My tank is not full of algae, but if I don't scrub every week or two it begins to look bad. Oh yah, I use the 130watt dual satellite, 65Watts 10k/Actinic + 65Watts Actinic 460. Any advice?

The reason I ask here is because I know Aquapods do not have protien skimmers or refugiums or sumps so it is basically the same set up as mine.

Illuminati
09/27/2006, 09:26 AM
DeepCutta - What kind of cleanup crew do you have?

clowninaround74
09/27/2006, 10:01 AM
how long do you keep you lights on, are you using r/o water. what are your phosphate levels at exactly. how new is the tank, cause every tank goes through algae blooms as you probably already know

manse
09/27/2006, 10:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8231118#post8231118 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DeepCutta720
How do you guys keep these Aquapod nano tanks so free of algae? I have a 20 gallon long with two hang on the back filters[AquaClear 200] and 30 lbs of tonga rock. Each week I have to scrub small amounts of hair algae off of the rocks. I run charcoal & SeaChem Phosphate remover 24/7. I do a 5g RO/DI water change each week and use a 1/4" sand bed. My tank is not full of algae, but if I don't scrub every week or two it begins to look bad. Oh yah, I use the 130watt dual satellite, 65Watts 10k/Actinic + 65Watts Actinic 460. Any advice?

The reason I ask here is because I know Aquapods do not have protien skimmers or refugiums or sumps so it is basically the same set up as mine.

I use turbo snails and ceriph snails in mine. I also has a margarita snail, but one of the grabs got him :( They all do a decent job on algea.

If you keep having algea problems with you current cleanup crew, think about what may be causing it, not how many more critters you need to add to combat it.

RO/DI water help, lowering the time on your light cycle. Feeding Less. Also, how old are your lights? Older PCs have been attributed by some to increase algea growth. People say to changes PCs every 6 months to a year depending on usage.

DeepCutta720
09/27/2006, 02:51 PM
Fish - 2 firefish

Feeding - 2x a week with Frozen Mysis (drain food water in net, only feed food, about 4 shrimps per fish, I only feed what they eat.)

Clean up - none, tried snails (always died and made matters worse when they rotted, tried hermits but they seemed to eat coraline more than anything else)

Lights- 4 hrs a day total. 3 hours on, 1 off, 1 on.

Water change - every 10 days, 5 gallons ro/di with reef crystals.

Media - carbon and phosphate remover. My basic phosphate test always reads zero for phosphate levels.