PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about REEFCAST!

AVALover5498
09/23/2006, 09:43 PM
I absoluetly love reefcast. It's helped me so much in this hobby Marc is the greatest and well...Evan is Evan. LOL No he's great to.
Anyways. I wouldn't here if it wasn't for reefcast. Thanks guys for the greatest reef related podcast ever. ohh New topic to talk about. Reef-ready tanks and sun corals...personally the greatest coral ever. Does anybody else like reefcast as much as i do? Talk about it here:

P.S. I'm the biggest reefcast fan. To bad i can't make it to macna this year other wise I would totally win that award.lol:D

Lordhelmet
09/23/2006, 10:06 PM
I agree that it is awsome. and for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Melev let me tell you that he is exactly the same in person :D

AndyL
09/23/2006, 10:08 PM
Holy crap, your post made me go look... 2 new reefcasts!!!

Now where's that live MACNA feed they spoke of? :D C'mon Marc and evan get at er :)

drummereef
09/23/2006, 11:15 PM
REEFCAST is the bomb! :D Awesome topics and two hilarious hosts that make TalkingReef sound like freshman biology. I really like the first few episodes where they were one drink from losing it. Hilarious!

Purple Haze
09/23/2006, 11:33 PM
They recorded a few shows today from MACNA. I was able to sit down with Marc and Evan today. Look for an article on their reefcast soon by yours truly. Now I just need someone to pick it up ;)

Ryan

CookieJar
09/24/2006, 02:29 AM
Ditto from me on Reefcast! I got lots of good info on the earlier episodes and found the entertainment value on the later episodes going up as they get more creative and crazy. Isn't Evan due for a taste test sometime soon?!? :eek1:

GregM779
09/24/2006, 06:25 AM
Definitely a cool show, they try to cover the very simple stuff along with having expert guests, I also love how my itunes automatically downloads it.

rcmike
09/24/2006, 07:25 AM
Where do you find this Reefcast thing?

AndyL
09/24/2006, 09:29 AM
... google ... reefcast (no space) ...

Results 1 - 10 of about 46,100 for reefcast. (0.18 seconds)

Oddly the first one is www.reefcast.com ;)

Oh evan I take back every curse, swear and comment involving you and chimpanzees... Thanks for Reefcast 15 (oooh video)!

vanmo92
09/24/2006, 09:44 AM
yay more reefcast...that IS the best podcast ever.

go to www.reefcast.com or search reefcast in the itunes music store.

AVALover5498
09/24/2006, 11:01 AM
I just downloaded "Talking reef". I'm not bashing the show but i honestly fell asleep listening to it....lol. It has loads of info it's just that the show is sooooo BORING.

anyways,
reefcast rules!!!!
:D

AVALover5498
09/24/2006, 11:42 AM
Does anybody think Marc sounds like Steve carell?
It may just be me...lol

Snakebyt
09/24/2006, 12:34 PM
love reefcast, i always look foreward to listening. I got into a rut, got busy with work and other things and neglected the tank some. I started listening to reefcast and it got me back into it. Just set up another tank over the last week.
Very informative and fun to listen to.. cant wait for a full episode of video reefcast where we can see them 2 fools goofin off :)

melev
09/25/2006, 01:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8211236#post8211236 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Snakebyt
Very informative and fun to listen to.. cant wait for a full episode of video reefcast where we can see them 2 fools goofin off :)

Well, you never know what you might get. Did you catch the vidcast where you can see what the VorTech pumps can do now? Unbelievable. I was so excited.... :D :D :D

Snakebyt
09/25/2006, 02:19 AM
Yeah, i saw the Vid, those are amazing. Lots of motion going on.. wonder what fish in a tank like that would think, Especially older fish that as so used to relativly calm water. They would think they were at Wet and Wild or somthing.. WEEEEEEE :)

melev
09/25/2006, 02:27 AM
That isn't the recommended wave, obviously. Unless you were going to give it a name like the Weather Channel so aptly does. :fun4:

The wave action can be controlled, even to the point that you could program it to run a wave for 10 minutes each hour, and then just normal flow the rest of the time. The whole concept is a work in progress, and what options we have ahead of us are limited only by our imaginations. With the way it works the pumps, you don't have to worry about it blowing a coral clean off the rock, like I was thinking.

Obviously it will be a while before we can get one, but it sure is exciting to talk about it now!

Manogr
09/25/2006, 03:15 AM
I just love Reefcast!! :) Can't wait for the new episode.... (yeah I know that there are 2 new ones but I want more..more..more)

:p

AndyL
09/25/2006, 07:31 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8211236#post8211236 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Snakebyt
cant wait for a full episode of video reefcast where we can see them 2 fools goofin off :)

Yeah, the human bowling at macna was just a teaser :lol:

Maybe we should be sending them beer/crown - maybe that would encourage the video camera to come out more :D

lux_06
09/25/2006, 07:43 AM
LOVING the technology these days, now i can get my reef fix while im doing the most boring stuff ever on my building site, all from my dam fone....

ShaneV
09/25/2006, 08:52 AM
I got to hang out with Marc and Evan a bit, and consumed more than my share of candy at their booth!

Thanks guys for keeping us entertained.

Oh yeah. Evan, you are my Hero!

melev
09/25/2006, 09:02 AM
:lol:

See you guys this weekend. I'm going to be offline... :(

quiksilver
09/25/2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks for all your nice comments guys! Really made staying up for the last like 50 hours worth it. We had a blast at MACNA and guaranteed there will be at least 3 more shows from there on top of the 2 alreay released so you will just have to deal with my editing time :( Marc is out this week but should return Friday night and hopefully after that we can do the post MACNA wrap up show.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8216313#post8216313 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ShaneV

Oh yeah. Evan, you are my Hero!

AWWWwww Thanks Shane! I know that was completely unsolicited! *wink wink* Guys, Shane and the rest of MARSH worked their butts off and did an amazing job with this MACNA. You really missed out if you couldn't make it but I hope the Reefcasts from their can express enough to get you to Pittsburgh next year.

AVALover5498
10/04/2006, 08:59 PM
I wish i could have gone to MACNA but i'm clear up in iowa and i'm a poor high school student . i need to get a job..:p But i'm to lazy, that and i'm tied to reefcentral all day...it's what i go to during keyboarding class when i'm finished...i also check the reefcast website for more shows... it's so exciting when there is a new one...it's all i think about all that day and when i get home i download it immedietley....as you can probably tell i have no life.:D

MacnReef
10/05/2006, 11:25 AM
I also really like ReefCast, although, I must say, Evan doesn't seem to know much about reef keeping and some of his advice is, well nevermind, thankfully Marc is there... :p . Here lately I don't hear much about reefkeeping from them as I do about their lives...which is fine by me...still funny.

I love the 12th cast, the song in the beginning is hilarious! "Packing a tube top, shorts and a sexy man tie"...that is just great comedy.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I heard Evan and Marc talking a lot about Talking Reef so I figured I would DL it and see what is was all about...BORING! So its informative but I feel like I am listening to a tape on knitting booties.

MacnReef

jaze36
10/05/2006, 11:54 AM
Marc and Evan thanks for the great show, I always look forward to the next episode. Keep up the good work guys.

melev
10/05/2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys, we appreciate any feedback.

lesd
10/05/2006, 01:14 PM
Evan - I want my beer koozie back at next year's MACNA! I expect you to take good care of it and use it often until then.

Great seeing you two - hopefully I can make it up to Dallas sometime soon.

Keep up the good work on the show.

-- Les

Snakebyt
10/05/2006, 02:08 PM
i had let my tank go for a couple of months while buzy with other things, but started listening to reefcast late and night and it got me back in the hobby

poppin_fresh
10/05/2006, 04:03 PM
I think Reefcast is awesome. I'm always ready for more!

Just so everyone knows, if you try to send them beer as a thanks (and you should)... pack it real well. I tried earlier ths summer and the Fort Worth UPS found out (because of a leaker) and confiscated the brew. I'm hoping Evan's UPS guy enjoyed the other 23 beers :(

Boo UPS and the B.A.T.F!

quiksilver
10/06/2006, 07:48 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8281933#post8281933 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MacnReef
I also really like ReefCast, although, I must say, Evan doesn't seem to know much about reef keeping and some of his advice is, well nevermind,

I bet I can proove to you that I know more about boxing that reefkeeping. LOL :rollface: JK JK The criticism is what drives me to do bigger and better things. I'm glad you enjoy the show and I hope that my lack of knowledge goes to show people that 3 years in this hobby makes a hobbyist nothing but humble to people like Marc.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8283849#post8283849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poppin_fresh
I tried [to send them beer] earlier ths summer and the Fort Worth UPS found out (because of a leaker) and confiscated the brew. I'm hoping Evan's UPS guy enjoyed the other 23 beers :(

Boo UPS and the B.A.T.F!

/cry (for all you WoWers out there) Thanks for trying poppin, you're still my hero even though it didn't make it :D

MacnReef
10/06/2006, 08:07 AM
Evan, it was a joke bud. Just figured it would go along with the whole ReefCast thing...but didn't land properly.

Boxing huh, I can wear tight Marine Depot shirts too to make me look buff. :lol: :lol:

MacnReef

quiksilver
10/06/2006, 01:26 PM
No no I was totally kidding 100%. I knew it was a joke Macn. I really do actually like the criticism, it is what drives me in life. Anyways no harm done, I think that me being more of the "average" reefer and Marc making up for that and then some is the reason people like the show with both of us. If I let Marc go on his own, your eyes would glaze over with technical stuff. And if Marc let me go on my own... well let's not go there, it wouldn't be pretty LOL.

It's like I said though, 3 years in the hobby and I still know so little its scary. To people not interested in the hobby I might as well have a PHD and to people in the hobby, I'm at the bottom of the food chain.

Marc is the reason I'm in the hobby to this day and we should all take notice of people like melev, weatherson, etc.. I'm just trying to get a show out that is entertaining and can share a small part of the unbelievable plethora of knowledge that is Melev!

Oh and let's ask Marine Depot for some MD boxing gloves!!! Then we can look buff!

AVALover5498
10/06/2006, 02:52 PM
I would like to thank the REEFCAST crew...your the reason i got into this hobby. Without reefcast i would be sitting here looking at a betta....!:D

AVALover5498
10/07/2006, 11:37 AM
Bump!:)

AVALover5498
10/07/2006, 07:27 PM
Bump

AVALover5498
10/08/2006, 10:50 AM
bump

Lunchbucket
10/08/2006, 11:41 AM
ehhh...they are ok. kind of overgrown, superman under-roo wearing, reef geek momma's boys if you ask me!

j/k they ROCK!! hope i can meet them in person someday at MACNA or IMAC or something. would love to just hang out and shoot the stuff w/ them.

keep on rocking
Lunchbucket

ps - i was riding my motorcycle listening to the reefcast w/ the Eminem parody MACNA song and about ****ed my pants....TOO FUNNY. you are two white boys that can't rap but the lyrics were hillarious. just wish the quality would have been perfect ..i'd listen to it daily just to chuckle

melev
10/08/2006, 11:42 AM
;) You gotta add more thoughts occasionally. Which episode was your favorite? Or what topic would you prefer discussed? Or did you have a specific topic you wish you could get more information about? We can chat about it here.

Lunchbucket
10/08/2006, 11:46 AM
melev you get my pm yesterday?

Lunchbucket

Andrew
10/08/2006, 11:50 AM
Reefcast is funny to listen to. The rap Melve and Evan did was funny.

AVALover5498
10/09/2006, 01:21 PM
A really good topic would be nano's/Pico's. Ohh and another would be sun corals!:)

gman0526
10/09/2006, 01:42 PM
Skype anybody???? Come on now, it's been a while. :p

AndyL
10/09/2006, 02:15 PM
Mark and evan... I have to protest! You guys ate up my damn coral budget with reefcast! How you ask - well I was noticing the number of reefcasts to listen to on the desktop were piling up... So I had to solve that problem - So Like a good little boy I went out and got a mp3 player... And an fm tranmitter... and... and... and...

Maybe you need to add an addiction warning - or cautionary notes about finding new expensive things to spend money on in the reefcasts :lol:

melev
10/09/2006, 02:21 PM
That's how we roll. ;)

AndyL
10/09/2006, 02:27 PM
Spending Vicariously through your listeners...

B*stards! ;)

melev
10/09/2006, 02:40 PM
http://melevsreef.com/g/lmao.gif

AndyL
10/09/2006, 03:01 PM
I should stop... Evan's probably getting idears - in fact I just intercepted this email to evan...

Evan,

Today at Marine Despots, we're overstocked on Skilters and Tassled Filefish. I'll give you 2% commision on all sales this week.

It's a joke! Not intercepted, no relation to Marine Depot
Today on Reefcast 15
Evan: Dude! I got this awesome Skilter, way outperforms my euroreef and deltec.
Mark: You think that's awesome - You should see my new tassled filefish...

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 11:51 AM
LOLOL it's true, I'm sorta a MD wh0re, despite them not giving me a dime. But come on.. SKILTER! You know I would have you buy something way more expensive than that :) I mean I got you to buy an mp3 player with all the accessories hehe

P.S. Marc has a freaking podcast and can't even buy an mp3 player... make fun of him for crying out loud.

melev
10/10/2006, 12:32 PM
No no no....all the humor is pointed your way, Mr Silver. :D

Manogr
10/10/2006, 12:45 PM
We all talk for Podcast but when we will HEAR the new episode ;) :) :D

melev
10/10/2006, 01:03 PM
Hey, I asked the exact same question last night. I think Evan is going to release a new episode today. It would be from the Saturday night Gala, when Eric Borneman and (insert name here) did a presentation about the reef we have right here in the Gulf Coast.

I edited it in Switzerland, but you won't be able to tell. :D

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 01:05 PM
Marc join the 21st century All these are under 25 bux (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2000210023+4093&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=23)

Too bad you can only fit like one or two reefcasts on most of em :rollface:

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 01:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8313069#post8313069 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Hey, I asked the exact same question last night. I think Evan is going to release a new episode today. It would be from the Saturday night Gala, when Eric Borneman and (insert name here) did a presentation about the reef we have right here in the Gulf Coast.

I edited it in Switzerland, but you won't be able to tell. :D

It is going to have to be digitally remastered in Dallas first :P Should be ready for tonight.:D After I buy cyclopeeze for my new pipefish "Oodle the noodle"

Snakebyt
10/10/2006, 01:20 PM
great a new episode today, my only day off this week so ill be able to enjoy it

melev
10/10/2006, 01:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8313085#post8313085 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by quiksilver
Marc join the 21st century All these are under 25 bux (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2000210023+4093&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=23)

Too bad you can only fit like one or two reefcasts on most of em :rollface:

That first one looks pretty good, and as far as I can tell I can insert any SD disk I like. That would give me more space, but the card would cost me extra.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855136001

I'll just have to do some looking and see what I can find.

Nice avatar, Silverspoon.

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 01:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8313192#post8313192 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Nice avatar, Silverspoon.

Same to you Meluvu, isn't that from like 5 years ago in a tank you don't have anymore? Time to represent your own show!

<3

P.S. Don't buy a noname sd ram mp3 player, spend 80 bux and get a decent lithium ion usb one at least.

Snakebyt
10/10/2006, 01:37 PM
Video Ipod man, these things are great

melev
10/10/2006, 01:43 PM
Same to you Meluvu, isn't that from like 5 years ago in a tank you don't have anymore? Time to represent your own show!

That's my avatar, forever and ever. Btw, that is the same flame angel, in my avatar as well as yours. So I'm semi-uptodate. :D

<3

Potty mouth. ;)

P.S. Don't buy a noname sd ram mp3 player, spend 80 bux and get a decent lithium ion usb one at least.

I need to see what the listeners suggest. And hopefully that is something affordable.

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 01:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8313285#post8313285 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Snakebyt
Video Ipod man, these things are great

Ugh... you wanna make my head explode? Should have gotten the creative zen vision:m 30 or 60 gigs, 1/2 the price of the ipod video, 9 more video formats, 200,000 more colors, 20+ more audio formats, better warranty.. I will give apple that their marketing is the most ingenious thing I have ever seen in my life.

blide
10/10/2006, 02:06 PM
You guys need to stop flirting with each other on the forum.... :)

Snakebyt
10/10/2006, 02:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8313374#post8313374 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by quiksilver
Ugh... you wanna make my head explode? Should have gotten the creative zen vision:m 30 or 60 gigs, 1/2 the price of the ipod video, 9 more video formats, 200,000 more colors, 20+ more audio formats, better warranty.. I will give apple that their marketing is the most ingenious thing I have ever seen in my life.

Well my wife wanted it, so i got it for her, she didnt use it much so i pretty much took it over. I have it in my Tahoe now, lots of tunes to listen to

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 03:18 PM
Fair enough, thats a good reason

AVALover5498
10/10/2006, 03:23 PM
OMG....apple is the greatest company EVER!!!!...Anyway....I'm seriously addicted to reefing now....it's all i think about...it's all i wanna do....I have an F in algebra now because i sit there and read....Aquarium Fish Magazine....I need help:D
And the only people i can blame it on is Marc and Even....THANX!!!!

AVALover5498
10/10/2006, 03:24 PM
Evan i mean..sorry!!!:)

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 03:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8314041#post8314041 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AVALover5498
OMG....apple is the greatest company EVER!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! From now on all episodes will remain free of charge to all listeners except AVALover5498.. HEAD EXPLOADING! :blown:

bklynmet
10/10/2006, 03:57 PM
I think she'll pay to hear you guys:)

Some of us might actually. But regular episodes go a long way. Real life happens and I totally get that. So I (and many others) patiently wait for the next episode.
:sleep:

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 04:02 PM
I released 4 things in a matter of days less than 2 weeks ago and I am doing my best to release one every week or max every other week. I am listening promise. I don't ever plan on anyone paying for the regular show. I am doing my best to listen to the fans and be more consistent with releases despite a brand new job that requires minimum 50 hours a week and being in the gym twice a day :( I promise I'm trying.

Snakebyt
10/10/2006, 04:10 PM
well you are doing a great job. and we really appreciate the effort and work you guys do. Keep it up

TippyToeX
10/10/2006, 04:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8313102#post8313102 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by quiksilver
:D After I buy cyclopeeze for my new pipefish "Oodle the noodle"

Lunchbucket
10/10/2006, 07:58 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8314295#post8314295 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by quiksilver
I am doing my best to listen to the fans and be more consistent with releases despite a brand new job that requires minimum 50 hours a week and being in the gym twice a day :( I promise I'm trying.

you hit the gym 2x's/day. might want to try 3 or maybe 4 times....cause 2 times aint getting you no where string bean :P

:lol: j/k man...had to give you heck. what gym do you go to?? Curves or Girls are us?? :lol: sorry can't help myself man i'm on a roll. j/k love you girly boys :D

hope i get my new laptop soon..old one died i think :( and i have all my itunes on there :( now i have to reload EVERYTHING and redownload reefcast :( :(

Lunchbucket

AVALover5498
10/10/2006, 08:29 PM
"HE"...AVA - Angels And Airwaves is my favorite band...ANYWAY....i totally would pay!!!!!:D

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 08:30 PM
lunchbucket im gonna pound ur face in LOL Just cause u put fat people on a pilates ball and tredmill all day to try and look like the most recent cover off People magazine and then compare them to urself, don't get an ego :P LOL JK JK

Enough keyboard commando for the night, I gotta sleep for my 5:30AM 2 dozen egg whites only to want to puke in the gym by 6:30.

I hope your laptop allows you to listen to the new reefcast which is uploaded to the server. Unfortunately I didn't have time to update the RSS feed or the site yet so you can't get it yet, cause I spent 3.5 hours after work on my tank removing cyano :( Swear I will do it tomorrow guys, hopefully in the morning before work, but if not, at lunch.

P.S. I <3 Lunchbucket

quiksilver
10/10/2006, 08:33 PM
Lunchbuckett.... when you gonna be on the show dangit... I talk about you all the time and haven't seen your name on Skype yet :( COMEON!

AVALover5498
10/10/2006, 08:39 PM
I AM A GUY!!!!!!!!!! Except on tuesdays.....JK:lol:

melev
10/10/2006, 10:16 PM
You can say you're a guy, but without photographic proof, you're just a hot babe in a bikini. :D

quiksilver
10/11/2006, 07:53 AM
Marc's fired from the show after that comment...

He's just saying that in hopes that his online girlfriend isn't a huge old fat bald guy on the other end :)

AVALover5498
10/11/2006, 10:32 AM
I am a 16 year old male....and i'm pretty shure it's illegal...SORRY MARC!!!!:D

Manogr
10/11/2006, 11:13 AM
Evan where is the Avatar man ???? :o

quiksilver
10/11/2006, 11:20 AM
RC asked me nicely to remove it.

Manogr
10/11/2006, 03:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8319489#post8319489 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by quiksilver
RC asked me nicely to remove it.

:confused: :eek2: :confused: I will never understand that...

Come on RC...you know the guys ! :smokin:

DJ88©
10/11/2006, 04:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8321140#post8321140 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Manogr

Come on RC...you know the guys ! :smokin:

and that is exactly why this thread was allowed to go on this long.

sorry guys. this has gone beyond what it's intent was.

closed