PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock Question

grouper25
09/24/2006, 06:58 AM
Hi,
I am just setting up a 220 FOWLR and some inverts and already have 120lbs of beautiful base rock. I am now going to purchase live rock and have narrowed my search to 2 vendors. Can some one give me some advice here.They are as follows

1) www.floridaliverock.co (formerly Gulf View) They sell aquacultured rock from the Gulf and it looks pretty sweet. They have both Coraline and decorative . You can buy a combo of both for $168 for 30 lbs.

2) www.tampabaysaltwater.com. An equally nice web site which sells both coral encrusted live rock for $6.00 per pound or or regular deco/coraline for $5.00 per pound.

So gents, those are my 2 options. Anyone have any experience here. Also, how much should I buy considering I have already 120 lbs of base which will sit below it.
Thanks so much for your feedback. This site is great.
Grouper 25

fsn77
09/24/2006, 07:09 AM
There's a very large thread on the board (I think in this forum) called "Our TBS." Lots of pix and opinions in there. Here's the link to the most recent thread (it's been split many times due to its length -- previous "parts" can be read by clicking the link of the first page in the post stating it was split)...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=898477

I was going to order LR for our tank there, but couldn't afford to order all of my rock at one time. While I don't regret not ordering from them, our next tank will have rock from them in it.

kappaknight
09/24/2006, 09:59 AM
Also check out www.reefscience.com

meco65
09/24/2006, 10:05 AM
I plan to order from TBS with my next tank.