PDA

View Full Version : got two questions

jeffgp
09/24/2006, 08:17 AM
#1 some one told me that the pouder tangs have more problems with ich and other things ..

#2 right now i have a salfin tang and looking to get a blue tang -- not sure witch one ... but i also want a coral beauty .. but there in the angel family .. i was told from the lfs near me that they dong get along ..

i have a 90 gal that i just set up . would that be big enough for the three of them

JD

Andrew
09/24/2006, 08:46 AM
1) Correct. Make sure you QT them before putting them into your main tank.

2) I would only put two tangs in a 90 gallon. Just because of space limitations.

rkelman
09/24/2006, 09:31 AM
Powder Blue's have alot of ick problems but QT and you should be fine.. Their survival rate is pretty abysmal compared to others but I think that's because of lack of proper QT. The Coral Beauty should be fine. There is no "Getting along" the tang will be boss and the CB will be submissive or die. :) I'd be more concerned with the 2 Tangs in a 90 fighting. CB's aren't all reef safe. It depends on the individual animal keep an eye on it. As far as bio load those 3 fish should be fine in a 90. You'll get the tang police riled up putting 2 tangs in a 90 though.

Paintbug
09/24/2006, 11:04 AM
i have a Powder Blue with a coral beauty. they get along just fine. they have never had any squabbles, that i have seen anyway. when i first added the tang the CB would show him the ropes of the tank so to say. the PBT would not really swim in and out of the rock much, but if he seen the CB go into a tunnel he would follow. soon after he knew where to go through the rocks, where to be at feeding time, etc..

if both tangs are small the 90g will be big enough, but the sailfin is one of the larger tang. they can get well over a foot long. so at that point a 90g wont even be big enough for just the sailfin. but it will give you a reason to get a bigger tank :D.

jeffgp
09/24/2006, 12:09 PM
ya thanks that helped the most .. right now hes olny 2 in long so im not so worried yet .. soon that day will come for a bigger tank