PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer shutting off

ng
09/24/2006, 10:59 AM
Hey ..

i just got a Aqua Medic Turboflotor Multi SL Skimmer, its working fine ... but i noticed the other day it shut off .. i can hear the pump running or i assume it is .. but there is no foam. and after 5 to 10 minutes it runs on again just as normal .. and switches of again and again ..

im using the little tube that came with it for air, im not sure but i know its getting clogged with water .. so could the water that’s running in the tube be the problem if it is how can i deal with it? do i have to use the air intake small tube?

rioratholenm
09/24/2006, 12:14 PM
Have you tried cleaning the venturi/air inlet? or have you checked the air tubeing for clogs.( i use a plastic toothpick to clear my air inlets out with and i just replace the tubing)

ng
09/24/2006, 04:06 PM
well since its a new skimmer i didnt think of cleaning it.

the air inlet (which i assume is the small white pipe going into the pump) is getting cloged with water .. i did remove the pump and fit the air pipe again totaly sealed into place .. put the skimmer back to work and there it was working and after a few minutes it started again to stop and start .. stop and start .. and i noticed when it stops the air pipe gets chunks of water in it.