PDA

View Full Version : Upgreating 90g. to 150g.

Behroz
09/24/2006, 08:42 PM
I have 90gln. reef with 15gln. rf. and 30gln. sump. I would like to transfer this to 150gln with 60gln. sump. I am short 80gln of water. I need to know if anyone knew the step by step of transfering to new system . I have LPS corel, Soft corels, stonny corels, 8 fishes, 160p. live rocks, 80p. sand bad. Any advice is appricated from all members.

Thank you all inadvance for your time.
Ben

benf
09/27/2006, 05:55 AM
I did a similar task last year when i upgraded from my 65 to 120. I just put the fish, rock, and corals in buckets and rubbermaid containers til i got the new tank all hooked up. I started doing water changes days in advance and saved the old water(hooked up air pumps to them to keep oxygenated) so the amount of freshly made saltwater that i would need wouldnt be as great, so I picked up saltwater from a LFS to make up the difference. The day of the move, i just put the remaining tank water in more buckets and containers along with all the rock, fish, etc...

Then just started putting all back into new tank .... It was like doing a big water change...no problems!

Behroz
09/27/2006, 09:17 PM
hi ben. tanks for help .other things i like to add andder 80 pond new live sand .do you have any advice.thankyou very much . ben