PDA

View Full Version : Is there a carpet thats right for me?

Pillz
09/25/2006, 06:54 PM
Im looking into getting a carpet anemone for my new setup. I would really like something bright and colorful and from the research I have done it seems Hadonis(sp?) are the most colorful. My problem is I would like to keep more than one anemone. I currently have 3 Rose anemones and a GBTA. I plan on getting rid of all but 1 rose and maybe the GBTA. Is there a carpet I could keep? My tank set up is (when this happens still a month away) is a 58 BB 20G sump 20G fuge so after lower levels in the sump and everything Im looking at 90ishGs. Is there a Anemone for me in your opinion? Also where is a good place to buy?

With the Hadoni's if Im to get a smaller one say 4-6in will it still me a huge threat to my fish? If I should get a Hadoni should I just go ahead and give away my Manderin or Blenny?

Thanks

bencozzy
09/26/2006, 05:24 AM
i believe Gary M. has a pic of a carpet nem eating a BTA in his gallery!

Gary Majchrzak
09/26/2006, 06:14 PM
I've seen BTA's and carpet anemones attack one another but there aren't any pics of this aggression in my gallery, Ben. Sorry.
(I do have pics of H. magnifica attacking small carpet anemones in my gallery. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.)
Pilllz- a 4-6in Haddon's anemone will grow into a 24" diameter anemone if taken care of properly. Something to consider. A Mandarinfish or Blenny has a good chance of becoming Haddoni sushi. I'd get rid of 'em.