PDA

View Full Version : Finnex 22G Glass M-Tank

Holokai
09/26/2006, 06:06 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this tank is too small for sea horses? From what I've read it has a 16.5g display. It's an incredibly sweet deal for all the parts you get though. Quality seems to be good and the company itself seems to be great to do business with. Thoughts?

Tank Details (http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FI-MTG1802c&Category_Code=Aquariums )

- Chris

Fredfish
09/26/2006, 07:05 PM
Its a nice looking thank, but you don't really need a wet dry filter. All it does is convert nitrite to nitrate. A waste of space really. You would be better off with a refugium of similar size.

Fred

Holokai
09/26/2006, 07:21 PM
I would pull the filter and use rubble/macro. But for the equipment included, I don't think I could beat the price.

Holokai
09/26/2006, 07:23 PM
Of course, then you have the problem of the "fuge" of sorts being BEFORE the skimmer...

Fredfish
09/26/2006, 08:29 PM
Skimmer location could be a problem.

I have not priced new systems in a long long time so I don't know if its a good deal or not.

You really don't need HQI lighting over such a small tank unless you are going to grow high light loving corals. Something like 55w pc would be lots of light over that tank.

Here is what I would suggest. Decide what all you want to put into your tank and research each organism. Then decide what kind of light you really need.

Depending on what you want to keep, you could probably go for a larger tank and smaller lights for a better price. Add a little segregated area for your fuge and a hang on back skimmer, and your are set.

Fred

Holokai
09/26/2006, 09:12 PM
Sorry, I think I linked the wrong one. here is the Dual 36w+LED version (http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FI-MTG1802a&Category_Code=Aquariums). For 219 Dollars you couldn't even get the tank and lights, let alone tank, skimmer, pump, and lights. Plus it looks cool ;)

I am a ways off from starting another tank, so right now I'm just dreaming. But it seems like a great deal.

pledosophy
09/27/2006, 10:54 AM
I think it's an O.K. deal. Would not go for it for a horse tank, like to give them more room then that.