PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Tank?

Kinetic
09/27/2006, 01:53 AM
I was just browsing on the Tunze website and came across the marine system that tunze has.

Is it possible to order one through a LFS? Where are there detailed specs about it?

I'm very interested in the B092 Tank and Stand (the dimensions are fantastic).

What kind of bracing does it have?
Does it have an overflow?
Possible to do a custom package?

Ideally I'd like:
B092 Tank and Stand
Corner overflow

How much would it be, if possible, to get one from the LFS? There's a LFS near me that is a Tunze Partner, would they be able to do the order? Would I have to pay for shipping?

Thanks!

rvitko
09/27/2006, 11:12 AM
We do not import the tanks, the only method of transport we have is common carrier. To really do tanks you need your own trucks. If you really want one it could be arranged but it would be tricky as I have one here and it came in one piece but shipping basically doubled the cost.

It has absolutely no bracing, like a true euro tank, don't ask me why they call it euro bracing as I have yet to see it on a tank in Europe.

It has a hole covered by a plate of glass that takes a metric bulkhead and can use our floor mount overflow and pipe system. You just cut the plate away and install the bulkhead.

The tanks are made to order, worldwide they only sell a half dozen a year, anything is possible, it is just that after shipping and insurance they cost a fortune and support in the unfortunate case of a leak would be thousands of miles a way. They weigh a ton as that stand is made of a special MDF material that has epoxy as its base resin so it is water tight. I have the B120 and after shipping and customs another $1800 was added and that was almost 2 years ago, it certainly would cost more now.