PDA

View Full Version : Overflow box

Bagz
09/27/2006, 10:38 AM
I have an external overflow box. I took it out to clean it and when i got it up and running, i cant adjust the waterlevel anymore> i double checked and see if anything was broken of cracked and nothing. In the box that is the tank the water should be a little so it can skim the surface right..well it use to be like that and now it isnt...any help and what i can do?

Bagz
09/27/2006, 10:50 AM
Has this ever happen..is there anything i can do?

mthedude
09/27/2006, 11:54 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "you can't adjust it anymore", if you can't move the box up and down it's a mechanical problem. Mine can be hard to adjust, you have to get the water level right or the siphon can break, too much and it'll flood by fuge, but if you are unable to balance it by means of raising and lowering the box then I'd say it's mechanical

Bagz
09/27/2006, 12:04 PM
ok so probably the box is a piece of **** than. cause if i move the box up of down it does not do anything.

Racing1
09/27/2006, 12:13 PM
When you put the u-tube back in did you put it the right way? If you put it backwards it will not work correctly.

iamquockie
09/27/2006, 12:39 PM
make sure there are no bubbles in the u-tube.
maybe try throttling the return pump down, maybe it is too much flow for the overflow box to handle.