PDA

View Full Version : Mediterranean octopus

BARUCH MOR
09/27/2006, 01:19 PM
hello all.
i have to oppertunity to get mediterranean octopus from a friend that sometime catch them by a mistake when he fish during the nights. they are not so big and i have a lot of experience with f/w and marine fish.

what else do i need to know about octopus? what is the averege aquarium size for it? do i need a big skimmer or a small one on the back of the tank is ok? how about waterflow? food etc...

D659600
09/28/2006, 01:22 PM
Your Octi will escape if the top of your tank is open in any kind of way. Mim. tank size should start off at 55. The size really depends on which spieces you obtain. The skimmer should be one size bigger than what is recommended by the manf. Bright light is not recommended,cause Octis do not like it. If you can get crab or shrimp they would love to eat it. Good luck

Goodwin9
10/01/2006, 07:50 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8232628#post8232628 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BARUCH MOR
hello all.
i have to oppertunity to get mediterranean octopus from a friend that sometime catch them by a mistake when he fish during the nights. they are not so big and i have a lot of experience with f/w and marine fish.

what else do i need to know about octopus? what is the averege aquarium size for it? do i need a big skimmer or a small one on the back of the tank is ok? how about waterflow? food etc...

The more filtration, the better. They are messy eaters and produce a lot of waste. I would agree 55 or larger for a tank and make sure that it is completely sealed up.