PDA

View Full Version : what fish are best

grink dude
09/27/2006, 02:03 PM
In about a month i am starting a nano cube 24. I am up for suggestions for fish to go in the tank, but the ones that i have been thinking of getting are one true percula, 1 yellow clown goby, purple/red firefish and 1 neon gold goby. what does every one else think i should have???

sir_dudeguy
09/27/2006, 02:07 PM
I'd say you'd be fine w/all those maybe.. But clowns are always funner in pairs. Just stay away from the maroon clowns..mean little guys. (and actually not that little). The others are all small, tho i think i saw on liveaquaria that the purple firefish is 250 bucks? is that right? I'd stay away from that if it is...not a fish you wanna kill due to newbieness lol.

For other fish, check out liveaquaria.com and look at their nano fish section...all of those would be fine in your tank i think (i dont think that any of them are bigger...)

Bebo77
09/27/2006, 02:15 PM
WOW sir dudeguy... 23 post per day.. you are going to wear out your keyboard my man... lol

sir_dudeguy
09/27/2006, 02:22 PM
i dont even pay attention to that anymore lol. I counted it a couple weeks ago..i had like 3 posts one day and somehow, the next day i was at 20, when the day before i was at like 16 or 17..cant remember which...but i guess what i'm tryin to say is...it went up, when i posted less than what i normally post, you know? so i dont think its very accurate or its just screwed up or something..idk lol. Plus i'm home 4 hours before all my friends (i only got 4 classes this year) so i cant really do anything till after then anyways...but i dont sit here for 4 hours tho lol...more back and forth between the fridge, sleep, this, sleep for 10 minutes...play w/the dogs...this etc...lol.

grink dude
09/27/2006, 02:25 PM
so you think i should scrap one of the other fish and get another clownfish or do you think i could just about be able to keep those four and just add another clownfish. Because i want to vary my tank a little.

grink dude
09/27/2006, 02:27 PM
By the way the $250 fish on live aquaria is a firefish helfrichi, not a purple firefish. purple firefish are like $20 they aren't too bad.

sir_dudeguy
09/27/2006, 02:38 PM
By the way the $250 fish on live aquaria is a firefish helfrichi, not a purple firefish. purple firefish are like $20 they aren't too bad

lol that makes more sense haha! i knew i'd seen somethin like firefish on there for 250...anywho...

IMO, 2 clowns, and then 2-3 other small fish would work...given that you've got plenty of rock...how much do you have? All those fish you listed are pretty small, so in a 24, they should be fine.

But if you want, you can do just one clown. I just think they're funner (and funnier) in pairs.

grink dude
09/27/2006, 02:43 PM
the tank isn't set up yet but i was thinking of havin around 24lbs/10kg of lr and i was considering the livesand

sir_dudeguy
09/27/2006, 02:49 PM
24 "should" be ok...you may wanna get like at least 5 more (10 would be better) just to be safe.

But i'd skip on live sand without hesitation (unless its free). Cuz if you're paying for it, you're really just paying for sand thats got a bit of bacteria thats got some die off prolly, and also when you move live sand its gonna cause some spikes (amonia/nitrate)

So imo, save your money on live sand and just get dry sand and use the money to get a bit more live rock.

grink dude
09/27/2006, 02:56 PM
ok thanks for everything. do you know how expensive lr is in london i am going to have to pay 12pounds per kg of lr. i have seen it somewhere else at 20 pounds per kg. i know that in america it's like $3 per lb isn't it. We get ripped off over here.

Steverino
09/27/2006, 03:02 PM
Pet shops charge anywhere from $7 to $11 for live rock around here. But many local hobbyists have $2/lb and some of the mail-order places have it for about $4-5 delivered from the coast. But the quality is so variable.

sir_dudeguy
09/27/2006, 03:08 PM
i know that in america it's like $3 per lb isn't it

i wish..its more like 7 bucks for live rock at most places. I can get it for like 4-5 shipped like steve said, or you can find locals who sell the stuff for 2 bucks, or in my case one guy just gave some to me.

grink dude
09/27/2006, 03:09 PM
does anybody have any suggestions as to what fish i should get??