PDA

View Full Version : new aquarium lps

drd
09/27/2006, 08:25 PM
this is my first try at lps all info that i am getting is that i know i need calcium and an alk buffer also magnesium supplements.
i don't know alot on dosing the tanks but the tests are going to be used are salvert. the additives are kent marine tech cb and techm dosed by aquamedic reefdoser quadro. if anyone can tell me what i need i would appreacte the info. the aquarium is total of 34 gal 5 gals is the filter and the actual aquarium is 29g with atinic blue t5

nmprisons
09/27/2006, 08:28 PM
The key is to test for those things you are dosing. Then you can determine if you need to dose more or less.

druce
09/27/2006, 09:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8235594#post8235594 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nmprisons
The key is to test for those things you are dosing. Then you can determine if you need to dose more or less.

Words of wisdom

also weekly water changes of 10-20% total water volume.

You can usually get away with just water changes and skip the additives all together...

ek9vboi
09/27/2006, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't dose anything I don't test for. So don't start to dose your tank because it can easily overdose the tank and throw your parameters out of place.

Best thing to do is to get the tank stable 1st and then try to drip kalkwasser (as top off water) as a suppliment to keep the levels in place. Also waterchanges will help out a lot, which means dosing all these chemicals wont be necessary.