PDA

View Full Version : Protien SKimmer

underdog9701
09/27/2006, 08:52 PM
I am looking for a protien skimmer for my 55 gal. I really would like to spend under 150 for it. I was wondering if the CPR Bak Paks are worth the money or if I should go with something else?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or any used protien skimmers for sale let me know. Thanks!

Daniel

inlandreef
09/28/2006, 09:59 AM
[welcome]
Spend alittle more money and get the Aqua C hang on back. I have one. I bought it to replace my BakPak.

Shaar
09/28/2006, 10:42 AM
i've run skimmerless and sumpless for a year now and everything is flourishing. maybe someday i'll get one. i have heard the bakpak 2 isn't bad, but i dont have any frame of reference :D

SoupySteve
09/28/2006, 10:50 AM
let me make one suggestion - if it is one that needs constant manipulation to pull out skimmate - don't waste your money - you'll eventually regret buying one you always have to tweak. For example, sea clones and RedSea Prism Pro :lol: THEY can/will pull out skimmate, but you have to mess with them ALL the time!

aquaconnect
09/28/2006, 03:07 PM
I think coralvue or coralife, I can't remember which makes a backpac style, but they are much much better and a cheaper price I think. They have better adjustments and are the best hang on I've seen. You're best bet would be to pick up a cheap overflow, 10gal tank and buy a mini ASM. That way you'll have some surface skim and a great little skimmer. You could probably do that for 150 or less, plus you'd have a place to hide your heater!

AqCons
09/28/2006, 06:41 PM
I have a used bakpak for sale with pump (it's the one with the removeable biobale). I also have a used Red Sea with the Turbo pump and one Red Sea classic with no pump.

underdog9701
09/28/2006, 09:07 PM
I would love to do the mini sump, I just don't have the space right now... Or the right stand....

AQCons How much for the Used Bak PAk with pump?

AqCons
09/28/2006, 11:03 PM
$35. I'll try to clean it up as best as possible.

underdog9701
09/28/2006, 11:26 PM
Can you maybe send some pictures??? (yourhero9701@yahoo.com) I will get from you next week.... I am going to Iowa for a wedding this weekend and wont be back till after monday... I would love to try to pick it up later next week, THANKS!

AqCons
09/28/2006, 11:42 PM
I can post pictures a little later. I'm on a borrowed computer and won't get mine back until the weekend. I'll try to clean up the bakpak and post pictures over the weekend.