PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom rubble attachment

Tripspike
09/28/2006, 08:41 PM
What are the methods to get mushrooms to attach to rubble. I have read of people using buckets, bowls, etc but how do you keep the water at the right temp? and lighting? or am I just making a big deal out of nothing.

Trip

kass03
09/28/2006, 09:09 PM
You keep the bowl in the same tank like on the bottom in a low flow area or they will blow away.
I used to use a bowl but now I kinda build a corral of live rock/bigger rubble in a circle around them. Sometimes they still blow away though.
You can also rubberband bridal veil (which you can get cheap at walmart) around the bowl so they don't blow out.
Some people use a shot glass with rubble but I never tried that.

kass

drummereef
09/28/2006, 09:13 PM
I've heard good things about the bridal veil method. I've also heard you can just take the veil and wrap it directly around the shroom/rubble to stabilize and allow it time to attach. Or, if there is any sand on the foot of the shroom, they can be glued directly to some rubble.

kass03
09/28/2006, 09:23 PM
I have used the veil to rock method with xenia before but I think the bowl /veil would work better because it won't be pushing on the shroom which could cause it to melt.

I now just throw my cut off xenia on the bottom and it attaches within a day or 2 lol.

kass