PDA

View Full Version : miniata or lyretail bass...

triggermen
09/29/2006, 08:08 AM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l312/triggermen_2006/grouper.jpg
sorry for the mistake posting earlier.:rolleye1:

gotoneon
09/29/2006, 08:40 AM
What else do you want in your tank? Nothing? Good idea. I have a Miniata and absolutely love him. I have had him for three ish years and he is a great fish, well kind of. About two years ago he decided that the 300 gallon tank he was in needed to be evacuated by all residents. Within 24 hours he killed three banner fish, threadfin, two large gobies, my Fu man, blue tang, and a long nose butterfly. The fish that survived but where torn apart where two other banner fish, large purple tang, sail fin, and a large clarki clown. A week after I took the survivors out he went to town on my two lions which where each double his size. He would swim up between them and slam his head into them. After I removed the lions it was just the grouper and 30" snowflake in the tank. For two months, while I brought the survivors back in my QT tank, the grouper showed signs of constant stress, poor color and just simply seemed irritated. He swam around the tank constantly, I think now he was checking his claimed territory. When everyone got healthy I put him into a 55, where he now lives very happily. He has been growing faster and his color is incredible and his behavior is back to what a bass's should be. As far as personality, color, aggression towards observers and food, and just being a bad a** I give these fish a 10. Mine just does not like tank mates.

DrChristianTroy
09/29/2006, 11:03 AM
This is a lyretail bass,Variola Loutti i think, i had 1 for 5 months he was a swimming terror ;arabian angel was his tankmate at 200L and arabian was X4 lenght of variola (22 cm) variola was only 4 inches but still bullied to the angel.Variola has 1 of the largest mouth considered to its size,it digged sadbodom during the day till reaching the base;he was a real public ennemy , jumped out at feeding times washing me with salt water,fighting with wavemaker and more.They grow tremenderously fast under any condition;Mine goes back to the LFS due to its bad temper but if u want a real psycho in your tank or an action loving undulate go for it:)