PDA

View Full Version : best method to remove bubble algae

Siiri
09/29/2006, 02:44 PM
mh, so I just looked at my fish tank and noticed some little bubble algae :( It is not a big spot, probably the size of a quarter of a penny.
I am glad it is a rock on the top, so I can actually take it out to remove it. But what is the best method to remove bubble algae? What happens if I pop a bubble?

Help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks again

Andrew
09/29/2006, 03:13 PM
An emerald crab will do the trick most of the time.

papagimp
09/29/2006, 03:17 PM
some people are luckier than other, I've gone through 4 emerald crabs and not a single one will touch bubble algea. It's really hit or miss with those guys. Unfortunatley there doesn't seem to be too much that will eat that stuff. At least I havn't found anything else yet.

silverarrow27
09/29/2006, 05:15 PM
I just pick them off by hand when I see them. If unable to then wait until you can.

Buster4900
09/29/2006, 07:07 PM
My Emerald Crab has not touched the Bubble Algae in my tank. I found it best to remove the rock from the tank, then scrap off the BA, rinse well maybe even leave the rock out of water a few weeks.

Agu
09/29/2006, 07:26 PM
If you can remove the rock it's best to do so before terminating the bubble algae. Do a water change, separate the water to two containers, remove the rock, scrape off the algae, rinse in one bucket, and then rerinse in the other bucket, that way any potential spores are left in the bucket not the tank.