PDA

View Full Version : Ordering fish online?

jpeggerling
09/29/2006, 08:18 PM
This may sound like a stupid question, Has anyone ordered fish from a online fish store? I live in Arizona and it can get pretty hot here. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

sir_dudeguy
09/29/2006, 09:02 PM
many people order from online. Have you been checking out our local forum lately? (i'm in the same one as you). Vanmle just did that huge group buy...everyones fish came in fine (as far as from the heat). They had a pretty good survival rate..pretty much the same as buying from the lfs. However it did seem like a rather high number of the fish had ich, from all the feedback on the buy...but that wasnt from any store i dont think. Just some wholesaler.

I'd say that if you wree to buy from somewhere like liveaquaria, or marinedepotlive, you should be fine. Both have got pretty good reps, and i do think that liveaquaria has like a 14 day stay alive period that they guarantee...which is more than you can get if you go to aquarium arts or pets inc or something by us.

jpeggerling
09/29/2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks man! I did check out that group buy thread. Im going to have to get in on the next one. How do you think fish and coral will do once it cools down, or if it ever cools down?

sir_dudeguy
09/30/2006, 09:26 AM
lol "if" it cools down is the key word. lol...thers no such thing as cool here in az. Actually yes, the temp is goin down a bit somewhat now and it can get quite cool during the winter (to us anyways!). So do you mean how would they ship during the winter? If so, i'd think they should be fine. Its easier to heat a bag of water than it is to cool it.

where are you at btw?

jpeggerling
09/30/2006, 10:22 AM
Higley & Baseline (its really Mesa) How about you?

reefarmer
09/30/2006, 03:25 PM
hi neighbors! i am here at Gilbert and Elliot! I use liveaquaria and have had no problems whatsoever !!

cokemanmark
09/30/2006, 05:39 PM
i ordered from saltwaterfish.com great stuff

sir_dudeguy
09/30/2006, 06:05 PM
i'm like right on the 60 and in between gilbert an stapley...so we just say stapley and southern. Right by mesa high.