PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Super Skimmer need help micro bubbles :mad2:

markvanderwoude
09/29/2006, 09:15 PM
So...I was so happy I upgraded to halides from pc's and the tank looks so awesome but the stupid skimmer!! the micro bubble diffusers thing is creating a huge amount of bubbles and I simply had to shut the skimmer off.. if their is anybody that can help please do .......all I wanted to do was enjoy my halides.

markvanderwoude
09/29/2006, 09:16 PM
sorry

cybertec69
09/30/2006, 04:52 PM
you should have gotten a Lifereef, I hate seeing people making the same mistakes over and over again, and buing stuff that will eventually end up in their closet, my vs3-36 will last me a lifetime, 5 years runing strong, with NO fidling, set it and forget it.

jeffgp
09/30/2006, 05:22 PM
i have the same one and yes it has alot of bubles but mine will be in the sump abd have to go through the buble trap first .. but you remember it came with a post filter for the output . use that if you using it on the display tank and not the sump

frantzml1982
09/30/2006, 06:08 PM
a sump is the only way I could fix mine. This was the only bad thing about it. It did a great job though

saxerphoner
09/30/2006, 06:50 PM
I have the SS65 and actually just set it up... I started to have the same problem and I lifted the black filter up (the one that's in the bubble diffuser thing) to the point to where it was to the top of the water, that way all the bubble had to go through before going into the tank.

Oh yeah, my problem is with the water flowing over the diffuser instead of all the output water passing through the filter media... is it supposed to do this?

Anyways, I hope this suggestion can help in some way...

saxer

yellow05specv
09/30/2006, 06:56 PM
thats fine thats what i did to mine . most of the bubbles stay in the diffuser and it works just fine .

SCUBAFREAK
09/30/2006, 10:47 PM
i had to do the exact same thing. works good.