PDA

View Full Version : marine snow question

donald altman
10/03/2006, 08:30 AM
Hey all... Its been awhile since Ihave used marine snow I switched brands but I just got a great deal at an online
company on 16 oz bottles of marine snow plankton diet.

I don't remember it being this consistence.
Does the consistence change from bottle to bottle sometimes?

this bottle has kinda thickish slimy looking stuff that has a greenish tint to it.

I don't remmber it ever being like this but it has been awhile since I have used it. Is it possible I got a bad bottle?

I am kinda scared to keep using it. when I add it to the tank yuo can see it in the tank floating around it doesn't disolve or
blend with the water right away.

What I remmber it being like more like fluid instead of slime with the consistence of water with maybe like white very fine paticulate in it.. not green and slimy.... am I just remembering a differn't additive?

I have anouther 16 oz bottle I purchased at the same time and I don't want to open and not be able to return it if I got a bad batch.. what do you guys think.. maybe I am just crazy.. I hope so.. I got a good deal from a very reputable supplier.

Paintbug
10/03/2006, 11:34 AM
sounds like the same way the last bottle i used was. it took some time for it to disolve in the water but it would. this has been probably a year ago. the little amount of phytoplankton gives it the greenish tint. sounds normal to me.