PDA

View Full Version : Sunlight Maristar HQI/T5 combo

ken6217
10/03/2006, 03:06 PM
Hi all,
I am looking to buy this unit- 48" with two 250 watt HQI and two 54 watt T5 bulbs. Does anyone know if there is only one model of this size with this lamp selection? I am asking because of the variance in prices that I see online. They go from about $979.00 up to $1279.00 They all come with the bulbs. I was curious because Marine Depot was the highest and I figured they would be competitive. Their price is about list I believe. I was curious if maybe their units weer a little different from the places.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Ken

hahnmeister
10/03/2006, 03:41 PM
The prices do cary wildly depdnding on where you buy from. The best prices I have seen are from reefgeek and depot, but be aware that some of the price variation you are seeing might be due to what is included with the fixture. Some places sell just the unit, which includes the T5 ballasts inside, and only power cords for using your own halide ballasts. No bulbs, no legs, no MH ballasts. Some prices include all this. I know geek sells it both ways.

cybertec69
10/03/2006, 06:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8269399#post8269399 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ken6217
Hi all,
I am looking to buy this unit- 48" with two 250 watt HQI and two 54 watt T5 bulbs. Does anyone know if there is only one model of this size with this lamp selection? I am asking because of the variance in prices that I see online. They go from about $979.00 up to $1279.00 They all come with the bulbs. I was curious because Marine Depot was the highest and I figured they would be competitive. Their price is about list I believe. I was curious if maybe their units weer a little different from the places.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Ken best price for the whole setup with bulbs is at www.premiumaquatics.com , go to Lighting under MH lighting go to Sunlight Supply, email Jason if you have any questions, he will answer any question you might have.

ken6217
10/04/2006, 06:16 AM
Thanks very much.
Ken