PDA

View Full Version : Weird looks at the fish counter

techreef
10/04/2006, 11:20 AM
I feel like a real reefer now. Just bought raw seafood to feed my tank with last night, and went through the whole "I'd like two squid, four clams, and four shrimp. No, not four pounds. Four." The guy working the counter thought I was strange, but didn't ask.

papagimp
10/04/2006, 11:23 AM
lol, I went with my mother when she purchased some shrimp for her tank. Only asked for 3, the guys looked at her and said "cycling a new fish tank eh?" Kinda surprising when somebody knows what the heck you're doing.

sir_dudeguy
10/04/2006, 02:24 PM
Kinda surprising when somebody knows what the heck you're doing

which will never happen when you go to home depot and try to explain what you're building lol.

mfp4073
10/04/2006, 02:54 PM
I have gotten that several times. I have really small tanks so I will ask for 2 shrimp. LOL

sir_dudeguy
10/04/2006, 03:02 PM
oh and whats worse at home depot, is when you end up trying to explain it and you try using hand motions to show shape, and how it works, and all that and it makes you look like a total retard lol.

mfp...are you gonna have live rock? if so, dont get the shrimp, the live rock will cycle on its own.

mfp4073
10/04/2006, 06:23 PM
no, have it setup. I was using the shrimp to feed my RBTAs until I got to the fish store! :D

cilyjr
10/04/2006, 06:55 PM
i knew nobody would what i was trying to do at home depot. i took a bunch of pics with a digital camera and brought with me. i became some plumbing guys quest to help me! but alas i could saved myself 40 bucks had i gone to the LFS i have been trusting (they have been really good, letting me look at many different examples of sumps, telling me to buy my check valve from lowes (rather then theirs because its cheaper)and this was the owner... but i can't be often when you SAVE money at the LFS