PDA

View Full Version : Roger can you get me going?

CeeGee
10/06/2006, 07:07 AM
Hey Roger,

I received my 2 6000's and 7095 Multicontroller last night and I have been reading the included brochures.

I am kinda lost here. I am going to go home tonight and start getting this setup put into the tank and I was wondering if you could give me some basic "guidelines" as to setting these guys up. Like which channels to plug the pumps into (plug one pump into channel one and the other into channel two?) and where to mount the Driver boxes etc.

I am excited about this but feel a little overwhelmed with all the settings that seem to be available and not quite sure where to start with them.

Thanks for any and all help,
C.G.

CeeGee
10/06/2006, 08:29 AM
after reading through the manual a second time I am thinking that interval 2 is a good place to start. It seems to me that always having both pumps turning would be better on them than having them stop and start all the time.

What are your thoughts? I have to play it careful as my tank is very small and I also have some sand (for now) and I don't want a sand storm.

rvitko
10/06/2006, 09:20 AM
You have a 58 if I recall? Interval 1 is likely the best way to go in that tank, just because both pumps may be too much at one time.

Mount the drivers anywhere where they cannot get wet.

CeeGee
10/06/2006, 09:32 AM
I have a 38 (for now) so I assume that interval 1 is the way to go.

How would you start the timing if you were setting up for the first time?

rvitko
10/06/2006, 10:24 AM
On the 38 I would suggest just using 1 pump for now. I would just use pulse mode, 30-50% 3 second pulse.

CeeGee
10/06/2006, 10:40 AM
That sounds good. I will probably go ahead and do the two pumps as I currently have 5 maxijets blowing throughout the top of the tank. The 38 is a 36" long Tank it is narrow though at only 12" wide. I get pretty good flow with the maxi-jets on a timer but it is too direct of a flow.

One pump on while the other is off should work well. Is this going to cause unneccessary stress on the pumps?

rvitko
10/06/2006, 10:55 AM
No, the main drawback is critters entering the pumps when off but they have a safety called fish care that turns them one rotation every 20 seconds when off. It isn't perfect but usually enough.

CeeGee
10/06/2006, 12:14 PM
I will keep an eye out for critters and take necessary measures if needed. I can't wait to get home and get these guys going. Thanks for your help.

Nuuze
10/06/2006, 01:06 PM
I have mine on interval 1 currently and also worry about critters entering the pumps. So far so good, I also notice the "fish care" safety feature. It pulses every 20 seconds for a split second. The manual also shows a screen option for the pumps that go over the outputs but haven't been able to find it...

rvitko
10/06/2006, 02:46 PM
That screen piece is pretty new, we just got some in. At first it was the 6212.200 screen with an adapter (the big wavebox screen). Now they have there own screen, not sure which one we got in.

CeeGee
10/06/2006, 02:47 PM
One more thing. I noticed on the side of the driver there is a switch that you turn with a screwdriver. What does that need to be set at?

rvitko
10/06/2006, 02:54 PM
Full power, if using a controller it should be at full power, that adjustment is only there for non controller use to set one constant speed.

CeeGee
10/06/2006, 03:24 PM
Great! I think I am ready to get home and start tinkering. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

CeeGee
10/07/2006, 10:39 AM
Got them going and they barely fit in my tank. :) It took quite a while to get everything going as no one was home to help me. Thanks again for your help.