PDA

View Full Version : Will this work

puffer21
10/06/2006, 10:03 AM
Ok well I will be moving in about 6 months. Anyways I was thinking that I would upgrade my tank. I wanted a 180 but my mom said no beacause I will be going to college in three years any ways I was thinking that I would do a 75 and was wondering if these fish will work. Im pretty sure they will but I would just like to make sure. My plan is when we get the new house I will upgrade will moving the old tank. Anyways here is the stock list.

Blue manderian-and I know they need at least a 6month old tank and pods
Hippo tang
2 True percula clown fish
1 neon goby
1 yasha goby
and a few other small fish
some corals
carpet aneome
snails
cleaner shrimp

will this work I know it is not deatied beacause my main question is about the tang and manderian will those be ok in a 75. the tang will be the only tang and the manderion will be the only one that will eat the pods. So does this sound ok? I would just like to make sure. I always wanted a manderion and a tang so i thought i might upgrade to get them but i dont want to go through all the work to find out that they wont work which is why im checking. Thanks for any feedback.

ambaratur
10/06/2006, 10:26 AM
Looks good to me - the only problem would be the tang I think.

Here is a good reference thread on tangs:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=739380

A yellow or kole tang might be a better choice for the 75.

Good luck in your move!

six.line
10/06/2006, 10:29 AM
You'll get different opinions on the hippo tang... I personally think you'll be all right.

All this is with the assumption that you'll have decent lighting for the anemone. I've heard it's wise (not necessary but wise) to add a moon light when you have an anemone so that other fish don't lazily drift into at night before they sleep.

good luck.

Travis L. Stevens
10/06/2006, 10:54 AM
I vote against the tang. A smaller choice would be far better. The carpet anemone could be a problem without good lighting and a settled tank. The mandarin will do fine provided you wait ample amount of times for things to settle down and a population of various pods to stop waxing and waning.

puffer21
10/07/2006, 07:31 AM
Ok thanks for the Advice. And yes I know the anemone will need good lighting.