PDA

View Full Version : black percs bad with inverts?

sir_dudeguy
10/06/2006, 08:16 PM
ok, so i've got a pair of black percs (i believe they're false percs but who knows...) in my 40 breeder. They've been there for probably 3 weeks or so. Today i just added a cleaner shrimp...maybe an inch long. But i ran to the store and when i came back, my dad said that the clowns where "fighting" with the shrimp...so i looked and sure enough, every couple/few minutes, they'd nip at it. I wouldnt call it fighting like my dad described it, but they definately seemed to be picking at it...but not to the point where the shrimp felt threatened i guess, because he's staying out in plain open view even right now. (which is a first for any invert/shrimp by the way lol)

So my question is...are the black clowns bad with shrimp/inverts? Or might they just be pestering the shrimp so that it will clean them? Because i've heard of a few peoples fish doing that to a shrimp..but the shrimp till it cleans them.

What'dyou think?

thanks

sir_dudeguy
10/07/2006, 02:29 PM
bump?

bertoni
10/07/2006, 02:45 PM
The shrimp might be near their nesting spot or territory, or the fish might want to be cleaned. I wouldn't worry too much, personally.

sir_dudeguy
10/07/2006, 04:25 PM
ok thanks. They havent done it to the shrimp today as far as i can tell (tho i've only been home for a couple hours now), and now that you meantion it, he was in their spot last night. Like exactly where they sleep, so i'm guessing that was it, because now he's still out in brood daylight but on the other end and they're not even lookin at him.

thanks