PDA

View Full Version : dirty sand question

marschgator
10/07/2006, 09:31 AM
I've been battling an outbreak on the top of my sand for quite some time now. I love the look of clean sand but I just can't get it there. At first I thought I was battling cyno so I added flow, cut back on the feeding and the lights. Stuff still kept growing. So I upped the frequency and volume of my water changes, no change. SO I gave up fighting it for a couple months, but now it's everywhere and I'm starting the fight again, but after closer inspection I'm thinking that maybe I'm not fighting cyno but that coraline is growing on the top of my sand? Is this possible? If so how do I combat it? I don't have any sand sifters, mainly because I have a shallow sand bed (about 1") and I don't know if that's deep enough for any sifters. Sorry, my camera went haywire so I can't get any pictures, but the growth looks more purple than maroon( which is what I heard is the typical color of cyno) and it's not thick. It actually looks more like each individual grain of sand is affected rather than a huge patch if that makes any sense. ANyways any suggestions?

kau_cinta_ku
10/07/2006, 09:37 AM
yes coraline can grow on sand if not stired. 1" isn't alot but some nass. snails will help out alot and also you can try a tigertail cuke to move the sand some