PDA

View Full Version : Can these corals survive two days in transit?

RC Anemone
10/07/2006, 06:20 PM
Hello, I was wondering if these corals can survive two days in transit? It takes two days to my area and there's no way I can get anything overnight. :( Do you think the corals on the list will survive? What about the xenia, is it next to impossible?

I was thinking maybe I should just cancel some of them (the ones you feel won't make it) since I would be wasting my money.

Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Xenia Coral

Frogspawn

Bubble Coral

Hammer Coral

Toadstool

Ricordia

rickbirdman
10/07/2006, 06:54 PM
Xenia Coral = Prob wont make it two days

Frogspawn= should make it

Bubble Coral= should make it

Hammer Coral= should make it

Toadstool= should make it

Ricordia= Prob wont make it two days

as long as they package and keep the corals warm with heat packs most should make it. the xenia and ric's have a poor survival rate on two day shipping.

AJ69
10/07/2006, 06:58 PM
All of them except the Xenia should survive though packaging should be real good/experienced.

RC Anemone
10/07/2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks for your guys help.

How about an open brain coral and mushrooms? Will they also survive?

Thanks

rickbirdman
10/07/2006, 07:29 PM
brains do well. i had a few mushrooms that made it some didnt. i think its all up to the shipper/packager.

vessxpress1
10/07/2006, 08:20 PM
I'm going to ship a small frag of xenia 2-3 day, within my state. Will probably take 2 days. I'll let you know how it goes.

I know a lot of people says it ships poorly, but I want to see for myself.

jun_celis
10/07/2006, 08:34 PM
Funny thing about Xenia is it is so hard to get it going but once you get it to go, it's hard to stop it from growing... Did that make any sense at all? I'm sure some of you can vouch to that.:D