PDA

View Full Version : All in One (Biocube) or build own tank

zeone03
10/07/2006, 08:08 PM
Hello everyone. Once I read and learn more I am going to be doing my first SW tank. I will probably start out with just a FOWLR and add corals about 6-8 months later once the tank gets established and I gain more expierence and knowledge

I will probably start with a 30-55g tank. I seen the All in One tank like the Oceanic Biocube and just wanted to get some opinions on those. The thing I have seen that is pretty common with those is to take out the bioballs and add some LR instead. Once I add corals I will add a refugium to it. Are the all in ones difficult to add a refugium to.

Thank for your help.

Nano Chris
10/08/2006, 06:11 PM
Welcome to Reef Central

Read up, you will need it, im still reading the forums topics learning, and i havent gotten setup yet, i will be in a few days, than is when i get lr, but you never will stop learning, do research, research, research!

Illuminati
10/08/2006, 06:49 PM
I like the bio-cube. Right now I have a Nano cube and it's an easy way to get into saltater tanks.

Where in Central IL are you? There are local reef clubs down there. I'll post the links in a sec

I was born and raised in Urbana (The land where bordom goes to die).

Illuminati
10/08/2006, 06:50 PM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=110

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=448

zeone03
10/08/2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks colin, I'm in Peoria IL.

Criminal - Reading is definately something I've been doing a lot of. I've been reading as much as I can for about 2 months now. It will probably be about 4-5 months before I start building a tank. It seems like the more I read the more I find out I need to know more and read more.

I'm very interested in it and I love reefs so its fun doing the research.

MimicTang
10/08/2006, 11:08 PM
BIOCUBE

MimicTang
10/08/2006, 11:08 PM
then when you become an addict like all of us you have a reason for a 2nd tank. =)