PDA

View Full Version : Not so typical 90 gal stocking.

itz frank
10/08/2006, 05:21 PM
My tank is a 90gal reef with 29 gallon sump. All in all i'm probably looking at about 105 gallons of water in the system. Now with that being said my current stock list includes:

itz frank
10/08/2006, 05:24 PM
1 mandarin
1 yellow tang
1 sailfin tang
1 Naso tang
1 Blue hippo Tang

There's plenty of free swimming room in my tang because of the aquascaping i've done. I'd like to add another fish or so but i'm having difficulty finding something different. What kind of fish would you like to add that isn't of norm. I like moorish idols currently but am skeptical if it'd take to frozen foods and such.

smcnally
10/08/2006, 05:39 PM
I would recommend researching those fish before you buy them. IMO, the Naso, Sailfin, and Hippo tang all get too big for a 4 foot tank. All three in the same tank is just crazy.

itz frank
10/08/2006, 05:44 PM
Well, since those aren't what i plan on adding and is what i have. I was looking for something along the lines of a response in what other interesting fish i might be overlooking. I know they all get quite large but right now they're all shorter then 3 inches in body length aside from the Naso. When they're too big they'll be coming out.

smcnally
10/08/2006, 06:06 PM
You're overstocked as it is. You're not overlooking any interesting fish.

Krazy
10/08/2006, 06:19 PM
You should get rid of the tangs... Keep only the yellow and restock from there ...