PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Mushrooms

phljess
10/08/2006, 06:36 PM
What is the best way to ship mushrooms? I have shipped many different kinds of corals but seem to have difficulty with mushrooms, especially Hairy Mushrooms. I usually ship a frag with about a cup of water and quite a bit of air. Should I ship them dramp instead of submerged in water for better results?

fat-tony
10/09/2006, 06:48 PM
i've shipped just like the zoas before (thermos) with no troubles

Nano Nana
10/09/2006, 08:42 PM
I agree with Fat Tony, have also thermos shipped with no issues.

Steven M
10/14/2006, 09:42 AM
What type of thermos and where to get?

fat-tony
10/14/2006, 09:01 PM
the thermos that you used to have in lunchboxes work very well (got mine at wal-mart). I put a plastic bag in it, dumped some water in and then plopped the mushrooms in. Sealed it up with some air, sealed the thermos, threw in usps box and sent it on it's way.

ek9vboi
10/16/2006, 12:24 PM
Depends on where you are shipping. Some places like going to Miami don't need the thermo. Just give it a decent amount of water and double bag it before shipping. They are pretty hard to kill.

FLricordia
10/17/2006, 09:31 PM
I sent away for 15 ric rock and had it shipped overnight from south Fl to panhandle FL and when I got it it was DOA, all of them, smelled real bad and stunck fish room up.
That was my first purchase for corals though I have sent zoos by wrapping them in seawater dampened paper towels and placed in bag with air and they have all traveled well.
Can the same be done for shrooms? Anyone know? Dry method I believe it is called.

fat-tony
10/18/2006, 07:47 PM
mushrooms are in most cases hardier so I would assume it would work. rics are technically shrooms, but seem a little more tempermental.