PDA

View Full Version : help on ID and picture?

30mini
10/09/2006, 08:06 AM
I don't really have a picture, and haven't been able to find one either on the new fish I got. This little guy is probably about 1.5", around the size of a normal sixline wrasse you would see for sale in the LFS. His tail is one solid tail, with no breaks, going all the way around from dorsal to anal. Just about like the tail of an eel. it is a solid red on the tail, and his body is a brownish color, with a few black bars going vertically on his body. His face is elongated, almost the shape of a Compressicep Cichlid. I'm thinking it's in the wrasse family, but not too sure. If anyone has any idea, I would apprecaite the help/or picture! Sorry for the no picture also!

Amphiprion
10/09/2006, 12:50 PM
Going by your description of D. compressiceps, I would venture to say that it is a Pseudochromid of some sort. Any real ID will need a pic, though.

30mini
10/09/2006, 02:18 PM
I have been looking on every site that I can find, and i have not found this little guy anywhere! I doubt it's a new species!! If it was, then it would have been recorded before sold!!

ClamIAm
10/09/2006, 10:53 PM
I'm sure undescribed species get sold all the time. As for your fish, the description isn't very clear to me. Does the fish swim openly or perch on the bottom/rocks?

jmicky41
10/09/2006, 11:48 PM
Just a guess, but maybe a wetmorrella (sp) wrasse.

30mini
10/10/2006, 06:29 AM
I can tell you, it's not a wetmorella wrasse. Looked at them, and the body style is not the same. He doesn't swim openly, he actually likes hiding in the rocks more than anything. I'm going to need to take my tank apart here in the next day or two to make sure he is still alive! I haven't seen him since I acclimated him!

joetbs
10/10/2006, 06:48 PM
It's probably one of these: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1693&N=0

30mini
10/11/2006, 06:01 AM
You got it dead nuts on the money Joetbs!! Holy hell I have been looking for a while, and you found it! I did find it last night in a book, and was going to make sure today that's what he was, and sure enough... that's him!!