PDA

View Full Version : rising temp in nanocube

aberdeen
10/09/2006, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys

Question that i hope someone can help me with

I have set up a NC24 and have just introduced around 10 kilos of LR.

My heater was set at 24 degrees, but the last day or two my tank has shown a reading of around 27 degrees.

My lights have been running for around 8 hours per day.

I have now set the heater to 22 degrees so hopefully with the lights working it should rise to 25 degrees.

What about at night , with the lights out, will the temp dip back to 22 degrees (Which obviously isnt good) or will it remain (roughly 24-25 degrees.?

Is it ok for the live rock at 27 degrees?

Pleas e help, im new to marine and obviously really nervous!!

Shiandy
10/09/2006, 12:06 PM
Best thing to do, is to add a fan blowing over the surface of your tank when the lights are on, Ideally on the same tiner as your lights. This will help keep the temps down. Set ur heater to around 26, fans should keep your tank around this temp with the lights on, and then the heater will keep it at the same during the night.

What your trying to accomplish is little to no temp swing's.

aberdeen
10/09/2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks Shiandy

I was hoping not to use extra fans as the NC has two built in, but are obviously not up to the job.

Shiandy
10/09/2006, 12:19 PM
You may get away with no fans, 27 would be acceptable but in hot summer months you may find it will go even higher.

Short term just try to get your heater near to your "lights on temp" otherwise the temp will drop during the night, a swing of 1deg or less in a 24 hour period is what you want to aim for.

I keep my tank around 26, which seems to be the most popular temp.

kiknchikn
10/09/2006, 12:22 PM
This thread might help:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=946573

It was also started today.

aberdeen
10/09/2006, 12:26 PM
I'll give it a go mate thanks for your help. i guess its a case of trial and error, although there not much room for error.

Oh and the hot summer months shouldnt be to much of a problem, we only get one of them abot every decade!!