PDA

View Full Version : Am I overstocked?

spulk
10/09/2006, 03:46 PM
Hello all! I have a 30 gallon reef aquarium with about 50 lbs of live rock. I also have a refugium on the back used for growing macro algae and two mangroves that holds about 4 or 5 gallons. I am hoping to get some opinions here on if anyone thinks I am terribly overstocked in my tank. My LFS assured my I would be okay with my current stock, but that I was probably at the upper limit. The tank is housing 1 two inch Clarkii Anemonefish, 1 one and one half inch Sixling wrasse, and 2 two to two and one half inch pearly jawfish, as well as a very small High Fin Red banded Goby. There is also a Coral Banded Shrimp and one Skunk cleaner shrimp. I am able to maintain my water quality with this stock, but don't want to run into problems further down the line. Thanks in advance for any opinions!

AquaReeferMan
10/09/2006, 05:16 PM
I think you are fine right now. Remember you have some small fish so that means a smaller bio-load. I wouldnt try to add anything else though. I only have 4 fish in my 55g. You might be able to add another clown if you are able to keep your water quality right. Watch out for that condy anemone you have. They are know to not host clowns and even eat them.