PDA

View Full Version : SCORE! Maybe?

MCary
10/10/2006, 11:46 AM
I work in a hospital laboratory and I am able to score some neat stuff once in awhile. I've gotten peristalic pumps, IV and Feed pumps, glassware, pipettes and pippette tips, various containers and test tube racks that make great frag holders, refractometers, microscopes, CO2 cylinders and regulators with needle valves and sylenoids and even a spectrophotemeter. All for free due to rapid obsolescence. I am constantly on the lookout for anything that will have a aquarium appliction.

Here's my latest. We are replacing an instument that requires reagent grade (type 1) water. The new instrument has its system built in. I asked the rep if he wanted the old one back and he said I could keep it. I have enough filters to last a couple years. I don't need this thing, but I'm keeping it anyway.

Do you want to see what a $6000 RO/DI system looks like. Makes and degases pure water.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/mwcary/99064.jpg

Mike

kiknchikn
10/10/2006, 11:48 AM
Wow, that is very cool. You should sell it to someone that needs it and make a few $$.

GreshamH
10/10/2006, 11:49 AM
SCORE definitly. I use one at work, it doesn't have the greatest ouput rate, but it's sure damn pure :lol:

MCary
10/10/2006, 11:51 AM
Runs 10L per hour. About 65 gallons per day. But since it has auto shutoff and degases the water, it would work great for an auto top-off hooked directly to the tank.

GreshamH
10/10/2006, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a winner to me then :D

MCary
10/10/2006, 12:04 PM
It has an internal reservoir with an auto shutoff of course. I am setting up a 240 gallon as we speak. I should be able to to rig a float switch to a selenoid that opens and tops off the tank. I can rig a safety float to turn it off it the first float fails. Everything I need plus instructions are at www.autotopoff.com