PDA

View Full Version : Selling tank

JRR
10/10/2006, 06:17 PM
Unfortunately, I had to remove your For Sale post. For Sale threads are only allowed in the specific selling forums or within the club forums. New members must contribute to the Reef Central community before using our resources to sell their items.
<p>
That means being a member for longer than 90 days and having achieved a 50 post count.
<p>
Thanks for your cooperation.

~make sure this goes in the selling forum when you get your posts.

JRR
10/11/2006, 06:25 AM
O.k. I understand your 50 post count now however I have been a member longer than many others dating backt to 5/03. Couldn't there be some type of exception? Should I just respond to 6 posts real fast and state a bunch of dumb stuff like so many others?

Thanks,

Jim Reid

DrBDC
10/11/2006, 06:43 AM
Of course. 1 more for me! :lol:

JRR
10/11/2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks, this sounds good!!! I appreciate the help!!!

Hello???

DrBDC
10/11/2006, 07:21 AM
One thing you might want to check is your local club forum to post the items. It will save you a ton of hassle to sell locally vs. shipping.

JRR
10/11/2006, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the good idea. I do love reefcentral.

Jim

DrBDC
10/11/2006, 07:58 AM
Almost there. :lol: What part of Florida?

Voltekker
10/11/2006, 08:13 AM
that happen to me once. But i did the same thing. When i a mod msged me about it i was honest. I had been a member for over a year. And i just needed my post count to sell misc reef items.

dc
10/11/2006, 09:06 AM
LOL, well at least you don't have to wait 90 days too. No post padding is frowned on and can be removed at the discretion of the mod reading it. The idea is that the selling is for active participants. Now I know it's not that hard to make 50 posts. Start a real thread about your new tank you're getting. :D Too many people just come here to sell, so it's a small rule.

JRR
10/11/2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks for all the help. I moving up to a 475. I live in Melbourne Florida.

Only a couple more posts and then I can place my ad where it belongs. I did ask for some help in an early thread about my new tank. I'm going to be having either multiple overflows or one larger longer over flow in the middle back of the tank. Any thoughts on which would be best?

Thanks again,

Jim

Voltekker
10/11/2006, 09:10 AM
its a really good rule. But it sucks for lurkers and every forum has them.

dc
10/11/2006, 09:15 AM
To be honest, I'd be more inclined to buy something from someone who has a few posts behind them and a little time. Hopefully that would mean a little more security.

Lurkers should come out and play anyway.:D Who's going to trust a guy with 0 posts?

JRR
10/11/2006, 11:32 AM
Hey wait a minute! Everybody does this chatting how they please. If you read a lot of these posts. There is numerous chatting going on that should not even exist. On top of that you must also understand that not everyone simply has the time on their hands to sit and chat on Reefcentral or any other chat group. Just because I don't have 50 posts doesn't relate to what type of equiptment I have for sale.

I've been in this hobby for 31 years. Thirty one years ago I was 8 and I was collecting my own fish along West Palm Beach. I've remained in the hobby and watched it evolve longer than most people on this site. The number of posts should not limit one from selling their equiptment. Someone will be very happy with my old equiptment and they are getting it for next to nothing. Please reconsider your 50 post rule when selling items.

Thanks,

Jim

dc
10/11/2006, 11:47 AM
I have no doubt about that at all. Mostly I'm just ribbing you a little. The reason RC can't make exceptions is because too many people want to be bypassed and for the most part it's pretty hard to determine who should be exempt. I know the less I think about post count, the easier it seems to be to get them. I remember thinking I'd never have 100 posts to have an avatar. That was a day or so ago. ;)

I actually think most posts don't get removed unless you draw attention to yourself, and it's obvious that you have ulterior motives.

JRR
10/11/2006, 01:11 PM
Well, here goes post #50. Thanks for everyone's comments.

DrBDC
10/11/2006, 04:34 PM
:beer: Congrats! Next up,,,,, avator choice!

DrBegalke
10/11/2006, 05:55 PM
JRR, congrats on #50...