PDA

View Full Version : Pump Question ?? Need Answers Quick

jjmatti
10/10/2006, 06:26 PM
I am setting up a 180 gallon tank and am having a problem picking a return pump.. I originaly purchased a PanWorld 50Px-X which is a circulation pump that pushes 1100 gph. After all is said and done with fittings and splits, it barely is spitting water out my return tubes.

NEXT .. I bought a Reeflo-Dart but my sump is not equipped to handle the 2" intake and I cannot find anyone to re-drill the sump and I am against going up and over..

NOW !! I am planning on going with a coralife turbo-sea pump I am thinking either the
1110p - high pressure
or
1744p - high pressure..

Since I am pretty sure Panworlds, bluelines, Coralife pumps are all the same I am going to assume the quality will be good,, I am wondering which of the two to go with.. I want to conserve on electricity but still get good flow..
Will the 1110P be better at pushing water then the Panworld 50px-x???
They both are rated for the same amount of GPH but one is pressure rated the other is not.. ???????????????

Ah64av8tor
10/10/2006, 07:14 PM
Is your sump is Acrylic?

jjmatti
10/10/2006, 07:15 PM
Nope, it is a AGA 40 gallon breeder.

superedge88
10/10/2006, 07:27 PM
Go with the same gph as your 50px-X but pressure rated, you should be happy. The dart would be a great return pump to though. Whatever is the easier of the two to go with, you should get the same level of noise out of either choice. Personally I like the sequence pumps as closed loops, and panworlds as sump pumps.

mfinn
10/10/2006, 07:53 PM
Just curious, what size pipe did you use on the Pan World pump, how many 90's and other fittings?
I used the same pump on my 180 and ran the 1" pvc to the bottom of the tank for a bottom spray bar and got good flow.

sjm817
10/10/2006, 09:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8315250#post8315250 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jjmatti
I am setting up a 180 gallon tank and am having a problem picking a return pump.. I originaly purchased a PanWorld 50Px-X which is a circulation pump that pushes 1100 gph. After all is said and done with fittings and splits, it barely is spitting water out my return tubes.
Why? That should not be the case. Maybe you should troubleshoot it. This is a good pump. Overkill if anything.

jjmatti
10/11/2006, 06:50 AM
I have two overflows that are being pumped back too and each of the overflows came with dual nozzles, (When I put my thumb over one of them I got pretty good flow from just one side..)

I have 1" pipe reduced down to 1/2" with water having to go through 2 90 degree bends before reaching the return stand-pipe. (Once at the stand-pipe return the water goes up and through another 90 degree and out split/dual nozzles.

PnoyReefeR
10/12/2006, 07:51 AM
check PM

mfinn
10/12/2006, 08:06 AM
If I read your your reply right, you are getting good flow from one side and not the other side?
Put a valve on the side that gets the best flow and force some of that flow to the other side.