PDA

View Full Version : question about pinpoint ph monitor

trekel
10/10/2006, 09:35 PM
i just aquired this used pinpoint ph monitor i was reading some stuff on it about calibration fluid is this nessasary and also im not to sure about the two small adjuster screw things either.

mg426
10/10/2006, 09:48 PM
Was the monitor taken off a running tank?? or has it been sitting around a while. would not be a bad idea to calibrate it before you use it though. Just get some pinpoint fluids 7 & 10 and calibrate the probe to the monitor. Fluids are cheap like a buck a pack.

jmchzn
10/15/2006, 01:05 AM
Calibration is a must. The fluids are cheap.
Dip the probe into the solution and turn the coresponding screw until it matches which ever solution the probe is in. Simple and a must do. Don't get the monitor wet. Clean the probe tips with a soft bristle tooth brush. Salt build up and low battery will give false readings. Get the ac adaptor I think they are 10 buck and fit all the pin point monitors.

PatMayo
10/15/2006, 08:06 PM
But if the probe tip has not been kept wet the probe may not be any good. They need to stay wet.

Try calibrating it and if it won't you may need to buy a new probe. The probes are not that expensive.

Regards,

Pat