PDA

View Full Version : Greeb BTA and White BTA

aaron229
10/12/2006, 12:42 AM
hey does anyone know why my BTA's had buble tips at the fish place where i bought them, but after i put them in my tank i have never seen the buble tips again ???? they just look like long tentacles. Is there a reason for this ? can someone let me know what I have to do to see the buble tips again ???

nlknight
10/12/2006, 08:22 AM
how big of a tank is the bta in? what are in the tank with it ?
whats your lighting?
what are you feeding it?
how often?

redvipe2010
10/12/2006, 09:24 AM
"White" anemone sounds like a bleached anemone. Any pics?

michaeldaly
10/12/2006, 11:41 AM
It is quite common for BTA to loose their bubble tips and many people consider it a sign of good health. On average they tend to come and go. Often it is in times of stress that BTA's display bubbble tips.

BTW I'm not sure what you mean by white." Greeb BTA and White BTA".
Are you saying that your anemone has turned white.

55semireef
10/12/2006, 02:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8324550#post8324550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aaron229
hey does anyone know why my BTA's had buble tips at the fish place where i bought them, but after i put them in my tank i have never seen the buble tips again ???? they just look like long tentacles. Is there a reason for this ? can someone let me know what I have to do to see the buble tips again ???

There is no proven theory of why BTAs loose their bubble tips and why they gain them. Some BTAs get bubble tips after a feeding and others don't. My small RBTA has always had the same shape of tentacles even after a feeding.

TOURKID
10/12/2006, 03:19 PM
My bta has LONG tenicles. hasent had a bubble tip for ages. My friend got a split from mine, and it has some bubbles. I personally think its light, but its not a bad thing. nothings wrong with it or anything

55semireef
10/12/2006, 03:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8328450#post8328450 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TOURKID
My bta has LONG tenicles. hasent had a bubble tip for ages. My friend got a split from mine, and it has some bubbles. I personally think its light, but its not a bad thing. nothings wrong with it or anything
It could be light, how often its fed, water chemistry, whats hosting it etc. There are many factors that may play a role.

aaron229
10/12/2006, 06:53 PM
I have two BTA's one is green with purple tips and the other one is White with pink tips they are both in a 30 gallon tank. The green BTA is hosted by a maroon clown and he feeds the bta when ever i feed my fish, but the white bta is just there actually it always look sad i don't know if it's going to die anytime soon, but it has been looking likethat since i Bought them both at the same time. I will try to take pics of both of them and post them. Thank you to all responses.

aaron229
10/12/2006, 11:57 PM
Well here is a pic of my green bta. i wanted to be a bigger image but couldn't find out how to post big images http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/134533DSC01018__WinCE_.JPG

aaron229
10/13/2006, 12:02 AM
And here is a pic of my White BTA. The maroon hardly ever goes into this one and this one has look this way since i got it. not grown or anything. anyone know why ? i think the green one has grown a lot since i got them both. i got them both at the same time. http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/512/134533DSC01025__WinCE_.JPG

redvipe2010
10/13/2006, 12:17 AM
The green looks nice and healthy. That white one is definately bleached. How does the mouth look? Does the BTA look like it's melting yet? It's probably a good thing the Maroon doesn't go in the white one. Maroons can be a little aggressive.

We need some details on your lighting system. Also what are your water parameters. How often do you feed it? And what do you feed it?