PDA

View Full Version : dart problum

mhj1580
10/12/2006, 02:11 AM
I bought my dart at a LFS last month and just hooked it up yesterday only to find it squealing very bad once the pump had been running for a while, I then called and later took the pump to the LFS so they could check it out / adjust the fan which they said was a common problem and brought it back home with confidence only to have the same problem repeate after a couple of hours. after I unhooked it this time I saw some shaving from the impeller in the housing so I took the front cover off only to find the impeller was trashed (it was grinding part of the front and threads on the interior top portion are warn smooth and where it mount to the shaft is cracked), the real seal is broke in three places, and the company forgot to install the impeller washer on this pump. So I will be heading back to the LFS tomorrow and see what he will do about it .so I was wondering are these pumps prone to issues or is this the exception.

theatrus
10/12/2006, 02:13 AM
Darts aren't known to be problematic, and any weird issues that come up are usually solved by their customer support very well from responses here at RC

mhj1580
10/12/2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks I was just wanting to make sure that they were a good pump.

mhj1580
10/16/2006, 01:19 AM
After talking with the LFS owner it seems that he has had problems (bearings going out and grinding on the impeller because of foresaid problem within 4 days to 3 months) with all the supper darts that he has bought or sold. And the pump that I bought was a supper dart.

Hop
10/16/2006, 01:23 AM
I've had a dart running for a year without a peep. Are you sure that your LFS is trustworthy? Maybe they forgot that they used parts from your pump to fix another...

I don't know, call sequence and get the ball rolling. If you do a search here, you will see the dart is very reliable.

radone
10/16/2006, 06:26 AM
Never heard of a super Dart?
You may want to question if this was a new or used pump

Good Luck and get a hold of the company themselves

mhj1580
10/16/2006, 10:02 AM
actually the LFS traded out the pump on the spot, and the only difference between the two other than cosmetic is the super dart impeller is there is more space between the two disks when looking from the discharge outlet as to allow more flow at the same pressure, and whoever you get your pumps through can order them but they really do not market them. I verified this through the reeflo customer service at #877-378-6798

mhj1580
10/16/2006, 10:03 AM
oops double post