PDA

View Full Version : will favia/moonstone coral kill eachother? spot feeding?

colourmop
10/12/2006, 04:40 PM
just got 1 piece of favia and 1 piece of moonstone coral (not sure if they are the same thing or not, they looks somewhat different) i put them very close in my tank, just wondering if they gonna try to kill each other for more space or they can live together? how about Acanthastrea echinata and moonstone/favia? will they fight or they can live together.
also, will those 3 accept anykind spot feeding(favia, moonstone, Acanthastrea echinata)? if so, whatkind food will they take? (i got lot mysis)

thanks very much

Lpsfanatic338
10/12/2006, 05:05 PM
You should move the corals apart because they will most likely fight and it will also give them room to grow. Spotfeeding them will help them grow faster.The easiest thing is to spot feed cyclopeeze with a turkey baster

SDguy
10/12/2006, 05:58 PM
Favia can put out rediculously long sweepers at night!! Give them lots of space.

colourmop
10/12/2006, 06:07 PM
i have around 2 inchess space between them, you think thats enough?
(they are small pieces)

SDguy
10/12/2006, 06:18 PM
My 2" x 2" piece of favia that survived from my old tank actually puts out 4" sweepers. The think looks like a piece of galaxia at night. Perhaps it's species specific though. Easy way to tell, just take a look at night with a flashlight when lights are out.