PDA

View Full Version : Green gigantea dissappeared 2 days now!

sonofgaladriel
10/12/2006, 06:25 PM
My new green gigantea looked great for 4 days, then went 'walk about' and dissappeared. I found it halfway across the tank one day, but it was gone again the next. I have not been able to find it for two days now and I'm getting worried.
Has anyone else had experiences with carpets dissappearing on them before? How long should I expect it to stay hidden before I really worry about it? Last time I saw it, it was a little defated but still very reactive and well attached to the bottom of the tank.
I'm getting very worried and concerned that it may be decaying in the tank which would not be good.

Gary Majchrzak
10/12/2006, 06:27 PM
I suspect it may have buried itself in the sandbed never to be seen again. Run the skimmer high and monitor your water conditions. Be prepared to do a water change if necessary.

sonofgaladriel
10/12/2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks Gary, but that would be hard considering I only have a 1" shallow sand bed in most of the tank. The deeper sand layer is around the perimeter of the tank where I initially placed these carpets and hoped they would stay.
I'm still hoping, perhaps unrealistically, that this guy will turn up again soon.

raoul
10/13/2006, 09:17 AM
Good luck, hope it turns up soon!
Good luck!

R33f3r
10/13/2006, 09:50 AM
Hope u find it!

arcab4
10/13/2006, 12:10 PM
had the same problem with a blue one i got. the night before it was on the rock..the next morning it was gone. couldn't find it at all.

off topic: R33f#r - man..that's a nice purple you got there.

sonofgaladriel
10/13/2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys. I sure hope it comes out of hiding. That would sure stink if I only got to enjoy it for three days before it decides to move on :rolleyes:
At least my red haddoni is doing well!:D

OrionN
10/13/2006, 04:37 PM
update?

sonofgaladriel
10/13/2006, 06:22 PM
I think its a gonner :mad: I've checked the entire tank again tonight and I can't see any sign of it.

DivaMan
10/13/2006, 08:42 PM
Check any powerheads,I had a bad experience with one.

delphinus
10/13/2006, 11:06 PM
Hoping it will turn up, good luck.. :(

sonofgaladriel
10/14/2006, 05:42 PM
I foung him!!! He was wedged in a rock behind a monti cap. He is still in one piece, but deflated. Still very sticky with some gaping, so I don't think he's doing all that well. I've got him coralled in a spot where I can keep an eye on him and where he will get good light and good flow, but I'm not confident he will last.
At least I'll be able to take him out before he pollutes the tank.