PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone keep a school of Pajama Cardinal fish?

nwrogers
10/12/2006, 08:08 PM
I am planning on buying 7 Pajama Cardinal fish for my 150 and I wanted to see if anyone else has ever tried to do this before. I wonder will they stick together and swim together or with they separate all over the tank? Will they fight with each other or will they get along? I have been wanting to keep a school of fish for awhile and this seemed like a really unique choice and I wanted to see if any other people have tried it before. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences with them! :)

english83
10/12/2006, 11:23 PM
I have two in a 30 gal. They are normally in the same half of the tank, but don't really sick together much. They are the only fish that hang out at the top of the tank, and nothing cashes them around. Except when one of the blue/green chromis gets crabby, which happens when I feed them a bit latter than normal.

adtravels
10/13/2006, 05:28 AM
I have 4 in my 50 gallon they dont hang together at all really just chill in their own space and dont fight (no predators I guess)but are very very cool, the coolest they eat flake (thera spectrum and ocean nutrition form 1) and frozen and live bs get em small if you can. They are also tough, very disease resistant and i hope they will breed one day!

they rush out at food time I have even trained they to appear when I bang on the glass.

get them!!

adtravels
10/13/2006, 05:30 AM
oh and chromis suck

nwrogers
10/13/2006, 11:23 AM
What about the Longspine Cardinalfish (Apogon leptacanthus)? Would they be a better choice for a school of fish that will stick together/swim together? I know that Tanne Hoff's (Tanu) kept/keeps a school of them. Does anyone have any experiences with these fish?

Gluestick
10/13/2006, 11:06 PM
Isn't a longspine cardinal "Pterapogon kauderni?" Maybe I'm confused.
I was wondering myself if the bangaii or kaudern's (same species, right?) could be kept in like a shoal of 3 or so.

nwrogers
10/14/2006, 11:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8337870#post8337870 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gluestick
Isn't a longspine cardinal "Pterapogon kauderni?" Maybe I'm confused.
I was wondering myself if the bangaii or kaudern's (same species, right?) could be kept in like a shoal of 3 or so.

The Pterapogon kauderni is also know as the Longfin Cardinalfish not the Longspine Cardinalfish. It is also know as the Kaudern's Cardinal or Banggai Cardinalfish. The Apogon leptacanthus is also know as the Longspine Cardinalfish or Blue-eyed cardinals.

Rothie
10/14/2006, 07:07 PM
I have both Pajama and Longspine.Neither of them school.

nwrogers
10/14/2006, 09:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8341748#post8341748 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rothie
I have both Pajama and Longspine.Neither of them school.

Do the Longspine or the Pajama stick together at all or do they spread out all over the tank?

Rothie
10/15/2006, 07:24 AM
In a 300G tank,they all stay in the same 1/2 of the the tank.

nwrogers
10/15/2006, 08:55 AM
Any photos? :)