PDA

View Full Version : 12g aquapod...any good skimmers that would fit in the built in sump?

confound
10/12/2006, 10:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I just set up my nano reef tank andi am looking to place a skimmer in it. The model i have is the 7050. Is there any good skimmers that would fit back there? I have heard of the Tunze but i was trying to read the threads and was unsure if it would fit in the 7050. Thanks please reply!

IlikeNanos
10/12/2006, 11:46 PM
I have a Berlin Air-lift in mine. It's an air stone driven skimmer. A lot of people will say it doesn't work well, but I think it works great.

I don't think the Tunze nano skimmer will fit. The length is about an inch longer than the back chambers.

confound
10/13/2006, 12:27 AM
I have also heard of the Tunze but does anyone know which would fit in the chambers? Is there a certain model number to the berlin air-lift/ is it in the sump?

Mr.First
10/13/2006, 09:40 AM
I have the 12G shipping to me today. Isn't it easier to change a gallon or two once in a while than to run a skimmer ?

IlikeNanos
10/13/2006, 02:33 PM
sorry, i forgot to mention that i have the hqi aquapod. the air-lift will stick up above the back chamber. if you have the pc version, the hood won't close with it there.

alternatively, you can look into the skimmers made by sapphire aquatics. they make them for the the nc12, but will take custom orders. theirs will fit with the hood closed.