PDA

View Full Version : Centropyge argi (Cherubfish) Compatibility

SuperNerd
10/13/2006, 05:43 PM
What types of fish do they usually bully/ beat up?

catdoc
10/13/2006, 06:14 PM
I have mine with a pink-spotted goby and a pair of onyx percs. The only thing I've seen it pick on (and harassed to starvation) was the tiny cherub I attempted to pair with him. These fish have been together since before I got them 2 years ago.

SuperNerd
10/14/2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the input. :D Anyone else? :)

vessxpress1
10/14/2006, 08:46 PM
Don't know if this will help but, I went to the pet shop looking for one of those today. While they didn't have one, they did have a flameback that was there from the last time I stopped by a month ago. So I went ahead and got it instead. Here it is:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=950605

They would seem to be fairly similar. I could be wrong. It's about an inch long and I put it in my 38 gal. with a purple dottyback and my maroon clown pair. It held it's own (thankfully), against the much larger, previously established, tougher fish. I haven't seen it pick on anything yet. It just holds it's ground. The female maroon is about 3 times it's size and the flameback sideswiped, nipped at, and pushed the maroon back to the anemone! They leave eachother alone now. The dottyback still doesn't care for the new arrival but they don't appear to be fighting any more. My .02 cents.

Sheol
10/15/2006, 09:49 AM
Any fish of similar size introduced after them. Each other & any other Centropyge at least similar in size. In fact, they will kill other pygmy angels if they get a chance.
I love my Cherub, but they are aggressive fish..

Sincerely,
Matthew

Angel*Fish
10/15/2006, 11:20 AM
This can be very much influenced by issues of tank size and other existing tankmates as well as the size of fishes introduced after them -

I had one bully a flame angel larger than itself I'd added after the cherub was established. I had to remove the flame. When I added a huge flame - there was no problem. Occasionally I'll see it briefly chase my female flame - but no serious aggression.

I've never seen it bother, the watchman goby, threadfin cardinals, bicolor blenny, yellow clown goby, blackcap basslets, purple firefish, or my newly added Red Sea mimic blennies - all of which were added after the cherub. On occassion I've seen it chase a yellow fin fairy wrasse, also added after, but its fairly rare and again no real aggression.

In my tank the cherub isn't king of the tank as there are 3 angels twice its size. It might otherwise be more aggressive.

Anyway that's my experience - hope it's helpful :)

md14fish
10/15/2006, 01:33 PM
How could you sex the flame angels?

SuperNerd
10/15/2006, 01:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8345496#post8345496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by md14fish
How could you sex the flame angels?

HIJACK!!! :mad: :lmao:

grouper25
10/16/2006, 09:41 AM
I have a cherub with two perculas, one lemon peel and one mandarin. They all gey along fine. The lemon peel is the boss although the cherub does get testy at times.

John

grouper25
10/16/2006, 09:41 AM
I have a cherub with two perculas, one lemon peel and one mandarin. They all get along fine. The lemon peel is the boss although the cherub does get testy at times.

John

Angel*Fish
10/16/2006, 07:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8345496#post8345496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by md14fish
How could you sex the flame angels? Send me a pm I'll try and direct you to some threads -