PDA

View Full Version : Film, Detritus and Sludge???

renman303
10/15/2006, 11:35 AM
Here is a link to some pics of my 55 gal. Over the past month (tank has been up for two years now) I have notices some of the rocks have a deep purple "Film" covering them. This is not a hard substance like a coraline but actually waves with the current? Also, is a pic of "Sludge" or "Detritus" of some sort that is accumulating on the sand bed. I have 2 Sand Sifting Stars but they are not touching this? About 20 Dwarf Red Crabs, 20 Margarita Snails, 2 Tiger Serpet Stars, One Lyretail Wrasse, One Salfin Tang, One Scooter Blenny and One Bi-Colored Blenny. Lots of corals and polops. I am also seeing (recently) a lot of new growths like feather dusters but these are a cream color (very small now) with Blue "Feathers" for lack of what they really are? I'll try and post a closeup pic of them later.

How do I get rid of this sludge and film? Or, do I????
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showgallery.php?thumb=1&stype=2&si=renman303&cat=500&sort=1&ppuser=127414

Best Regards,

Dave "RenMan303"

renman303
10/16/2006, 10:29 AM
Bump...
Sorry for the bump. I wasn't sure if this was the right forum anyway? Just need an I.D. and treatment?

Best Regards,

Dave

nebraskareef
10/17/2006, 05:02 AM
The sludge is Cyanobacteria.