PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 8 or 12 gallon bio cube

hammerswinger
10/15/2006, 05:31 PM
Well i decided on getting a bio cube. Not sure what size but leaning to the 8. I currently have a 26 bow and a 32 corner tank. I have been in the hobby for about 10 years. started march of 97. i want something a little different for my litrle dresser top tank. I was thinking the following

1. goby/pistol shrimp.

2. Royal gramma with a few neon gobies

3. seahorse (not to crazy about the feeding hassle)

4. go gutsy and get a BTA a 2 clowns in a 12 (pushing it but i think it can be done)

5. 2 Helfriechs firefish (I have always loved these)

6. A school of tangs (ha ha just checkin if your reading it all)

An other ideas you all can think of? Corals are not really the main objective here but to rather have something a little different then normal.

Illuminati
10/15/2006, 05:43 PM
If your looking for Helfriechs firefish check out Sea Schorr in Buffolo Grove. He sells them for around $80 ea.
Might want to call and make sure he has them in and at that price first though before you drive down, maybe he can order some for you.

hgbarwick
10/15/2006, 07:00 PM
You can keep two fish in a 8 or 12 gallon. I would jsut do 2 clowns.

hammerswinger
10/15/2006, 07:42 PM
2 clowns would be fine but i would need the BTA with them. I already have 2 ocellaris in my 32 so 2 more would be boring to me without the anemone.The firefish would rck but if i remember right 2 males will fight and i will need a male and a female. If i could do a firefish, purple firefish, and a helfriechs ina 12 that would be pretty cool.

hammerswinger
10/15/2006, 07:47 PM
Also i am using the proceeds i get from the sale of my 327 gallon tanki never set up. Big tanks are cool but alot of cash to set up! I will try and post some pics of my 26 bow and 32 corner soon.

GobyJohnKenobi
10/18/2006, 07:52 PM
Helfriechs firefish!!

One in the 8 or two in the 14.

Beautiful fish that stays out in the open.

The pistol shrimp would constantly be kicking up sand that would get sucked into the lower intake or make ugly mounds all over the place. You would also need a fairly deep sandbed for it that would cover the lower intake.

No where near enough light for a BTA in the BioCUBES. Sorry. Might host in a frogspawn coral though or a mini carpet anemone.

The Gramma would likely become territorial and kill the neons.

All I have in my 8 gallon is a porcelain crab. I might put a neon goby in it or a firefish. Wish I could afford a Helfriechie...

tmfreak
10/18/2006, 07:54 PM
I dont know about seahorses, I think they can be in a community tank but I read up on something that they should be in thier own species tank.. and they need to be fed live food everyday which is a hassle

hgbarwick
10/19/2006, 03:56 PM
seahorses need to be feed 3 times a day. They are very hard to care for and do better in a species only seagrass tank.