PDA

View Full Version : A.Bicinctus goes into anemone ONLY at night?

Dr.Ocean
10/16/2006, 08:59 AM
I got a couple of RedSea two band clown fish and a RBTA. The larger clown beat the smaller one most of the time...recently the small clown does a wierd dance to the larger clown and she stopped beating him....not alot at least.I guess they are doing thier thing.

Anyway, they dont hang in thier anemone unless they are scared or its night time and the lights are off. Is this normal behavier??? they barely touch the anemone when the lights are on...they just swim all over the tank....any thoughts??????

SVXH6
10/16/2006, 09:05 AM
at least they host..lol.. i have a H. magnifica and for about 11 months i never saw my clownfish.. they never left the anemone barely enough to eat..how many fish do you have?? maybe they are comfortable enough in the tank and the surroundings they feel they only need the protection at night.. just a thought, im not sure though..and them doing there thing is correct.. the shaking is a male being submissive to the larger female.. its a good thing, they are pairing up, or already paired.. i loved my bicinctus, they are awesome clowns.. i had a 3.5 yr old pair before they jumped..

Dr.Ocean
10/16/2006, 09:25 AM
SVXH6 sorry for your lost they are indeed cool fish.
as for you not being able to see your clowns for 11 months.......thats what I was expecting when I first interduced the two clowns and anemoene..as for my fish I have a divel damsel, fridmani dottyback and dwarf bicolor angel.

why did they jump after 3.5yr? they got bored??:)

SVXH6
10/16/2006, 10:35 AM
it def. did get me upset.. im not sure why.. they were doing awesome..they were the only ones in the tank.. well, she was getting extremely fiesty with him, so i think that may have made him jump, and she was so lonely and was upset so maybe jumped a couple days later.. all levels were in check as they always were, and they were fed plenty..

A.G
10/18/2006, 05:10 PM
I have the same thing on with my clarcki hummmmmmmm

COreefer
10/18/2006, 06:26 PM
My Bicintus only goes into its anemone at night as well...

stykthyn
10/19/2006, 04:22 AM
I miss mi Bicinctus. in case you dont know they dont react well to copper at all. mine were starting to show signs of brook so I QT with copper and they were both dead before nightfall.